One year ago today...

Options
spammyanna
spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
One year ago today, I weighed 177lbs. I was a smoker, I wore a size 14 pants and large or extra large shirts, and I didn't do anything even remotely athletic. I ate out all the time, and rarely cooked anything for myself.

I started watching what I ate, ate less servings and smaller portions. Got off my *kitten* and started walking, then jogging/walking, and then running. I now work with a trainer two days a week and work out at least 4-5 days a week.

Today, I weigh 131.5lbs, am smoke free, and wear a size 2 pants and small or extra small shirts. I lost 6" around my bust, and now have a body fat percentage of 26.9. I run an average of 6.2 mph, and am signed up to run two half marathons this year.

If I can do it, you can do it. And I did it with the help of MFP and my MFP family.

Replies

• newfern
    newfern Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is awesome!
  • anave285
    anave285 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Man!!! That's awesome. Serious congratulations.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    You go girl.
  • mcwatsonus
    Options
    OMG!! You are awesome and those accomplishments are contagious. I am right behind you. I know I can do THIS>
  • naffito
    naffito Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    WTG! hope this is me in one year! (i quit smoking years ago tho)
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    you do fine work
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    You're awesome! Congrats :)
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Great job! You should be very proud of ur self.
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo...that's awesome. Happy anniversary.
  • k9runner1963
    k9runner1963 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You must be Soooooo Proud! I hope to be saying about the same thing a year from now!
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    That is so great! Congratulations!!! and nice one on ya for doing the marathoning and all the running =3
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    so fantastic!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    What an amazing difference. Keep up the great work!
  • censu67
    censu67 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Can't express how proud I am of you! Good job my friend.
  • Dulxecita
    Dulxecita Posts: 35
    Options
    Wow. Speechless. I weight 183 pounds today my doctor wants me at 135 and I thought it was impossible. I wear size 12 pants but they are so tight. I don't want to buy bigger :(
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration!!!! On October 27, 2012, my hope is that my post will be as inspirational as yours!
  • jacquelynkay
    jacquelynkay Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    WOW---- congrats! It's clear you have worked very hard for your weight loss! Great job:smile:
  • bobie1978
    bobie1978 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I found some pictures, they aren't great, but they are what I have.

This first one was Feb 2011, right before I started eating better. I was between 175-180 lbs, wearing extra large tops and size 14 pants.

5253844_6169.jpg

This one was taken today, I weigh 131.5lbs and am wearing a small top and size 2 pants.

5253844_8073.jpg
  • AmberM6912
    Options
    I found some pictures, they aren't great, but they are what I have.

This first one was Feb 2011, right before I started eating better. I was between 175-180 lbs, wearing extra large tops and size 14 pants.

5253844_6169.jpg

This one was taken today, I weigh 131.5lbs and am wearing a small top and size 2 pants.

5253844_8073.jpg

Wow! You look AMAZING!!! Congrats to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!