Sushi

Options
mbakken90
mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
I'm trying Sushi for the first time tonight. Any suggestions?

Replies

• nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    For Raw, salmon! It's my favooorite!! But for cooked, you should definitely go with eel rolls. They're delicious!
  • MeowserKitty
    Options
    Avacado rolls <3
  • ladybb7
    ladybb7 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I eat Nigiri (fish on rice) mostly, I LOVE salmon... it's my favourite!! I also love wasabi and pickled ginger!! so delicious!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    If they have any specials on tuna I definitely recommend that..white tuna is the best! I eat tuna and yellowtail sashimi pretty much exclusively these days.
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Salmon has a really strong taste, if you like it cooked then you'll like it raw. But I can barely stand it cooked (i make myself eat it because the healthy fats) and I hate it raw. My favorite fish for sushi is fatty tuna, so yummy.
  • Anaconda62
    Anaconda62 Posts: 181
    Options
    I love the yellowfin tuna. Usually I get a rainbow roll -- it has salmon, tuna, yellowfin, shrimp (cooked), and avocado.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Yum!! I had sushi for lunch today! Eel (Unagi) is my favorite!! Also spicy tuna rolls, salmon, and any white fish. ENJOY!
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Spicy Tuna!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    TUNA
  • msamberlicious
    msamberlicious Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    spicy tuna is yummy and futo maki is crab with veggies and tastes very fresh!
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Spicy tuna or salmon - and dynamite rolls are great!
  • toffee322
    toffee322 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    love sushi!!! try chopped scallop!! :)
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I'm trying Sushi for the first time tonight. Any suggestions?

anything with squid is very chewy. Same with giant clams. Other than that, I'll eat just about any type of sushi you come up with. I used to go to a place in DC that was all you could eat sushi for $30. 3 or 4 friends and I would go in at around 5pm and waddle out around 10pm. I think the owner cried everytime he saw us coming.
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Rainbow roll
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I also love spicy rolls, but just be aware that generally, anything "spicy" means it is coated in spicy mayonnaise and that may add a bunch of calories. Not a ton, but just be aware if you're counting.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I am craving sushi so badly.

Raw salmon is great, spicy tuna, eel,
    Basked scallop rolls are so good.
  • rebeccawalker1982
    rebeccawalker1982 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If you do not like it plain/dry, try to mix a little bit of teriyaki and soy (gives you salty sweet) and a tad of wasabi to dip it in. As for a fav….I like just about anything that does not have the cooked tuna.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Salmon has a really strong taste, if you like it cooked then you'll like it raw. But I can barely stand it cooked (i make myself eat it because the healthy fats) and I hate it raw. My favorite fish for sushi is fatty tuna, so yummy.

Weirdly enough, your description of salmon, is the way I feel about tuna! haha.
  • pmkocis
    pmkocis Posts: 6
    Options
    Be careful of sushi (which is raw fish on rice) because the white rice is like sugar in your body and adds a lot of calories. I usually eat a lot of sashimi, which is the raw fish by itself without the rice. The rolls have white rice too, so don't go overboard. Stay away from the ones with cream cheese, mayo, or fried/tempura fish or shrimp for obvious reasons! Edamame (soybeans), squid salad, and cucumber salad are great appetizers and good for you. Be careful with sake, it has more calories than wine!
  • KanBrit
    KanBrit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Spicy Tuna is the best!