Calorie question?????

Options
Hi my name is Kim I'm 29 yrs old and 200+ lbs. I really have my mind set on losing the weight. My goal is I want to lose at least 50-100lbs by November, 100lbs would be better. I want to try to lose between 8-10lbs a month, I dont know if thats possible but thats what I want. I have my calorie intake set on 1200 a day, I am eatting five small meals a day(breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner) and everything is usually a 1 serving size amont. I'm exercising twice a day for 30 mins each.(Doing the biggest loser cardio max and using a HRM) I'm drinking 8-10 cups of water a day. My question is when I excercise it adds Calories, and instead of eatting 1200 calories, I'm ending up eating more like 1500-1600 calories. Will I see more weight loss results if I not eat the exercise calories and only eat the 1200 calories? Any answers or advice is welcome. Thank you.

Replies

• hope1016
    hope1016 Posts: 1
    Options
    I worked as a weight loss counselor a few years ago. When exercising we would encourage you to add a protein and a dairy serving into your meal plan, either before or after depending on how your stomach handles it. The protein is needed to build and maintain muscles and for healthy blood cells. Dairy in addition to protein helps preserve muscle mass and helps burn the fat.
  • inklingbot
    inklingbot Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is good how much effort your putting in, but may I suggest adding or switching part of your workout to strength training. Cardio alone mixed with a low calorie diet can result in not only fat loss, but considerable fat loss...which in turn results in a lowered metabolic rate. Strength training can stop this in its tracks :) ensuring you're still burning energy at a good rate.

You will indeed see more weight loss if you eat 1200 instead of 1500, but it'll slow if you don't incorporate strength exercises.

Good example core exercises are deadlifts and squats.