Gaining weight, despite exercise?

Options
Hi everyone!

I started my weight loss journey about a month and a half ago. When I weighed in on Monday, I was down ten pounds total. However, today I was three pounds higher than I was on Monday, just three days ago. I have been doing 60-90 minutes of cardio every day all week, and I've been under calories all week too, so I was expecting to lose a decent amount this week, not GAIN?!

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Replies

• Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    It's hard to tell without seeing your diary. Are you sure you're eating enough?
  • jarrettfam
    jarrettfam Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Ive been there! Just a month ago. I was told to eat all my calories. Some sd to eat my exercise calories too. I opted for eating all my calories then a few or none of my exercise calories. It made me drop 3 lbs! Hang in there! It will all work out.
  • ohpilot
    ohpilot Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Weight varies day to day. You could be retaining water, for any of several reasons (TOM, strength training, too much sodium, etc).

Unless you ate about 13000 calories in 3 days, you did not gain 3lbs of fat. Just keep up the hard work and don't stress, it'll go away! :)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    It's 3 days, you can't gain or lose in 3 days. It will just be water weight. I really wouldn't bother weighing more than once a week, and even then, don't put too much store by the number you see.
  • StephTheBookworm
    StephTheBookworm Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm usually eating slightly lower than my calorie goal of 1400, or right around there.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I've only been weighing in one day a week, but decided to weigh yesterday too. Hopefully I'll be back on track for my regular weigh in on Monday.