Small NSV

Options
I know this is small but it means something to me.

I started C25K this week. So, Tuesday, I did it at the gym on the treadmill. It was challenging but I got through it fine. Today, I didn't go to the gym this morning so I went to the park after work and did Day 2. It was much HARDER (as expected) on the track! I will be honest, I wanted to quit half way through because I had a cramp and I couldn't breath and the walking intervals weren't long enough for me to get to a comfortable breathing level. I paused the app and went to my car to catch my breath and drink some water... Well, I used positive self-talk to get myself back on the track and I finished Day 2. I am bummed because I didn't do it all at once. I had a 5 min. break inbetween however, I have to realize that this is a small victory for me!

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
    You finished the day in the workout and that's awesome!!
    And you ran outside!
  • antonio823
    antonio823 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Your body has to get used to it, give yourself a pat on the back for going back to finish it;) Keep at it and don't give up:wink:
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I truly believe there are no "small NSV's". If anything makes you feel good, accomplished, or proud of yourself it is HUGE!! Don't diminish it and revel in it. It is hard work and you are doing it!! Congrats to you and great job working towards your goals!!
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    that's great! don't worry about the 5 min break, especially if you are just starting! that's no big deal at all. In fact, I think it's more awesome that you KEPT going after your break! A lot of people would just tell themselves they did a good enough job and call it a day. So don't call it a small NSV, it's a big one! :)
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the positive feedback. You guys made me realize that I do need to give myself credit because I did not give up. And part of this journey I am on is learning to keep on going :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!