My wonderful wife.

Options
At the end of week 9 since I started the lifestyle change process and joined MFP I have lost 9.7kgs (21lb) and I would just like to say that it has been one of the most satisfying, and surprisingly easy, things I have done in a long time.

I am pretty motivated to carry through with this but in no small part I want to acknowledge my wife's contribution. Her care and concern and vocal support for my efforts and participating with me and getting me back to exercise have been fundamental in my success.

Shell, you are a true gem. :love:

Replies

• Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    First of all, a hearty congratulations on your success so far!
    Secondly, it's wonderful that you have a supportive spouse on your side.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!

You two are very lucky to have one another. :)
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    awe! so sweet! you are very lucky! mine joined about three wks ago and it has helped tremendously
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    How sweet! It does help to have the support of a wonderful spouse. I think you are a gem for recognizing her!
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    awwww, you are so sweet! you are lucky to have your wife, and she is lucky that you appreciate her :)
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    That is soo very sweet!!! That is great that you both are in this journey together.
  • Twophat2
    Twophat2 Posts: 1
    Options
    Awww shucks, thanks love! Happy to see you so bouncy again!:love:
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    So sweet.
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Such a nice tribute to an obiously loving woman.

Having my husband on the same journey has made a world of difference. While he doesn't use MFP (not a computer type guy), he stays on the same basic diet, goes to the gym to work out with me, and it really helps!
  • mrshmyers
    Options
    That's so awesome!!! Great partners in life are just that! My husband is super supportive of me too, it's just great! Congrats!
  • AlterJ
    AlterJ Posts: 21
    Options
    Congrats!)) This it kind of off topic, but i have to say iy. Please dont think im trying to offend you! But i see a lot of overweight men like you, who just sit there and do nothing, they dont care their kids are embarresed of them and their wife doesnt love them anymore, but they just dont care. So, seeing you, actually doing something to improve your health and appearence makes me really happy! Yeah, 10 kg is not that much, but is a great start! I really wish you to not lose your motivation and get the results that you want. Best of luck!)))