Fitness/health magazine recommendations?

Options
I am thinking I want to get one, but there are so many. Just wanting to see what everyone's favorites are. I prefer a decent combo of fitness/nutrition (recipes) with minimal ads and very little beauty advice. I know I could read most of this online, but I really enjoy lpoking through actual magazines.

Replies

• melisfit
    melisfit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I really like Shape or Fitness, they both are good reads. I have tried many of the recipes in Fitness and found them to be really tasty. Lots of good articles and workout advice!
  • KimLatte
    KimLatte Posts: 5
    Options
    Clean Eating
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Oxgen, Clean Eating, Muscle & Fitness for her
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Oxygen!!!
  • Eureka175
    Eureka175 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Oxygen, Fitness RX, Clean Eating
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Fitness. Their website is awesome as well.
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Blees87
    Blees87 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've enjoyed Shape, but I think they have lots of ads. Self is good, but it also has a lot of beauty and fashion stuff. My favorite mind and body wellness magazine has been Whole Living, not really fitness based (some yoga) but good for meditation, natural and home made health aids and good recipes.
  • laurajplus4
    laurajplus4 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I will check out oxygen. Fitness was at the the top of my list, just wanted to make sure it wasn't so beauty oriented, etc...

Thanks all!!
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I subscribe to Women's Health, shape & fitness.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Muscle & Fitness Hers.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I like Womans Health and Fitness
  • bskupien
    bskupien Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love Health and Self.
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I get Self magazine. It's not too bad, it has as many ads as the next mag. I think they have recipes every month. My subscription was free when i bought something (i don't remember what), so I didn't exactly choose it, but it's motivating for me to look through it every month! good topic by the way, I may have to try some of these other magazines out!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread! I'll be glad to check out some of these recommendations! I had a subscription to Women's Health, but will not be renewing it. Too much other junk in there for my taste. I'm not interested in advice about sex or relationships or career or fashion...just exercise and nutrition, thanks.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I get quite a few free through Mycokerewards.com. I
    We don't even drink pop, but I check recycling bins in the neighborhood and have people save them for me. Usually a few subscriptions a year.
  • jwpe
    jwpe Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Clean Eating and Oxygen (although I find Oxygen has way too many ads)
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Oxygen and Fitness magazines :)