question for the ladies

Options
Hi. I have a question, can a woman's menstrual cycle cause weight gain?:huh: Thanks for any input!

Replies

• 2kidsandadonut
    2kidsandadonut Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yes it does. Because of your hormones as well as water retention during that time it can have a large impact on your weight.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    lol, silly. How long have you been getting your period? :smile:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yes, but it's just temporary.
  • tsaustin
    tsaustin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yes it can. During your cycle you can retain water. I notice a 2-3 lb gain but It came off after my cycle was over.

Tarsha
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am generally 3-4 pounds heavier for the week of my period. As it's ending I can always tell I'm losing the water due to many trips to the restroom, usually through the night. :wink:
  • effieking
    effieking Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I know it seemed a little silly for me to ask. but, I just wanted to make sure, i've been working hard at this weight loss thing, and i gained? just wanted a little confirmation. Thanks!
  • katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Isn't that the WORST? I don't weigh myself around that time because with how out of balance I already feel, I don't need to see the number on the scale go up! Spicy food should help rid that excess water weight quickly though!
  • ramahgirl97
    Options
    Unfortunately, yes! The great thing is, when I do my weekly check-in and my period is over, I lost 7 pounds instead of 5! (I know nto really, but it boosts my self esteem! lol!)
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    only if you have fluid retention or constipation you may be a bit heavier just for a couple of days,
    try haveing celery or asparagus and green tea may help