Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

high protien/low carb..calories?

I know no matter what you eat your caloric intake should be monitored but I've been eating very low carb, low fat, high protein (lean chicken & fish, eggs) and still eating around 1600. Is this too much? I'm very active (work out pretty hard for an hour every to every other day) and my usual caloric goal is 1500. I guess even though my protein intake is high, the lack of carbs might be still triggering my hunger.

Anyways, whats a good amount of calories to stick to when eating high protein/low carb?

thanks!!!

Replies

• suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Usually low carb involves moderate to highish amounts of protein plus moderate fat. Whe carbs are very low the fat is increased.
    With you wanting to be cut and run marathons I think you should add back some carbs - don't have to be high. mayber 100-150g. You could have low carb days a nd higher carb days. A lot of low carbers get great results initially but seem to stall closer to goal. Some add back good carbs and start losing again.
    How many calories you have depends. If you are losing then its okay.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    current stats & goals?

What is high, med, low carb,protein & fat? Need some numbers.
  • goodigirl2
    goodigirl2 Posts: 58 Member
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/nutrient_calculator.htm

Great calculator that allows you to put in your calorie goal and decide what ratio of carbs/proteins/fats is best for you. Includes settings for low carb, low calorie, low fat, ketogenic, etc.
  • adamsilva
    adamsilva Posts: 261 Member
    bump
  • adamsilva
    adamsilva Posts: 261 Member
    numbers. need to see some numbers!
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    NUMBERSSSSS \o/