Suggestions...

Options
Some how I managed to hurt both my feet...one has a sore heel and the other hurts around the arch. does anyone have any suggestions on how to burn calories with out using my feet too much. Ive been doing strength training the past few days, but I want to burn more calories without hurting my feet any more.

Replies

• allie5199
    allie5199 Posts: 240
    Options
    Some how I managed to hurt both my feet...one has a sore heel and the other hurts around the arch. does anyone have any suggestions on how to burn calories with out using my feet too much. Ive been doing strength training the past few days, but I want to burn more calories without hurting my feet any more.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Have access to a pool to swim laps?
    (Oh I wish I did!!!)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Any good at walking on your hands? :wink:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Maybe a lower impact aerobics dvd?

(Yes, I could have combined these into one bigger comment, but I was lazy)
  • allie5199
    allie5199 Posts: 240
    Options
    haha thank you! Swimming might be a good idea...Im just not too sure how clean my gym pool is
  • blondie_girl14
    blondie_girl14 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    you could do the bike at the gym...your legs do most of the work :smile:
  • Meghan0129
    Meghan0129 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    How equipped is your gym? Could you incorporate some CrossFit type exercises? Here is a link to demos... http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html
    I work with kettle bells (swings are easiest) and it is definitely a cardio workout. You can do these with dumb bells too. Another option is to lift weights with a low weight and high rep moving quickly from one exercise to another.