I just REALLY need to vent....

Options
2»

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    My cat has **** on my bed multiple times when he was a kitten. So, I trained him to go in a litter box. Problem Solved.
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options
    That's sad. All pet owners have gone through something like this at one time or another. It's not a big deal. Send the comforter to the dry cleaners, or buy another one if it can't be fixed, and make sure the pet knows where to do their business! Work with them and they'll hopefully not do it again.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i addopted a kitten from one of my work friends, another friend adopted the other kitty. the cats turned out to have fleas. she ****en left her cat in a park in winter because the animal shelter asked why she wanted to give it up. i cried for days, i wouldhave took the other cat! fleas are hard, but your mother wouldnt get rid of you if you had lice would sheeee?? some people are insane. i still cry when i think about that other kitten. :c
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Male cats pee on things when they're trying to mark their territory. Getting a new bed that smells weird will encourage the cat to pee on it. If the cat were fixed, there would be a less (but not nonexistent) chance of this happening.

This is common knowledge - I don't even own cats. :P Anyone who's willing to get rid of companion of 6 years because of something like this doesn't deserve to have pets to begin with.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    People need to know pets arent disposible.. so many feel this way tho
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Typical woman.

My ex did that with me when I peed on her bed too.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Animals are not disposable :(

Well said. I had a little cat once that had issues like this. Every time I moved she would start doing her business on a throw rug in the house. Not always the same one, not a new one, but one that she could then pull over her business. Understand-her litter box was cleaned regularly and well-maintained. So that wasn't the issue.

I moved almost every year for awhile, being a college student, so the habit seemed almost constant. And she did this in addition to using her litter box. Then I moved in with my husband I realized something-she hadn't done in awhile. It seemed that she did this for about six months every time I moved. Then she stopped. And we had stopped moving. Imagine if I had gotten rid of her the first time.

In spite of her annoying habit, she was a beautiful, sweet, cuddly cat and I miss her tremendously. We lost her to stomach cancer when she was around 7.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    'Course that said my husband did finally have an issue he couldn't take any longer with his cat. He was a beautiful siamese of about 16 or 17 years. After our second son was born the cat got persnickety about not getting enough attention. He decided to mark his territory after that. Unfortunately, his territory was my husband's head. So hubby decided the cat wasn't suited to living in our house anymore. Sigh. I called a former roommate that the cat had absolutely adored and he spent his last few years there very happily. We weren't going to just ship him off anywhere, but we knew he's get all the loving he could handle with that former roommate.
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Wonder if she'll do that to her daughter when she starts potty training and pees on the floor, seat of the car, or heaven forbid her own bed?! Just asinine. Some people should not be allowed to "own" animals......

I've got to say there's no comparison to a human being and a cat. People end up getting rid of pets all the time for whatever reason. At least the cat had a good home for the last six years. Good to know it's not a kitty pancake on the highway somewhere.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    It's just a cat. If it was a dog on the other hand, then I could see your point.

Lol... I'm the same. Though I hate the fact she would try and give it away.

Dogs for the win. They can stay outside if need be. Cats just kill birds and other native animals.

Yea... I dunno where you're from, but I've seen dogs kill loads of things...

That being said, I love both and I cannot believe she would give away a pet after having for 6 years... frankly, she should try to find a better home because she clearly should not have a pet if she has not learnt anything from it in the past half decade.