What would you tell your 17 year old self if you had the cha

Options

Replies

• Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Don't trust anybody, apart from your family (although this doesn't apply to everybody!).
    Go to career fairs at university and network.
    Don't spend your time at university getting drunk and doing no work, you will regret it eternally (I did well, but I could have done really well.)
    Do medicine, not English.
    When somebody tells you that you make them feel eternally happy, that's a cue for you to kiss them.
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 317
    Options
    I would tell myself Don't drink so much, go easy on the drugs and you're not gonna look this good forever so make the most of it! Also stick to the Uni course.
    Not that I'd have listened because I knew EVERYTHING when I was 17...
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Don't treat women like they are on a pedestal and enjoy your youth. Getting stuck in a LTR when young = bad idea!
  • clyden82
    clyden82 Posts: 5
    Options
    I would tell myself that if I thought I was big then , to shape up now before you turn 30 and see the damage you have done to yourself with food and inactivity. And how much more difficult life is when you can't enjoy it. Then 17 year old me would tell current me that he's a dummy and I got this under control. Because when I was 17, I knew it all and you couldn't tell me nothing. Seem to be the common thread.
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I would tell myself to stay fit and never stop. What You do to your body then, will come and bite you in the butt, when your older!
  • AR73
    AR73 Posts: 107
    Options
    I would tell myself to enjoy every minute that I could with my best friend, as he would be gone in a couple of years.

Now if I could have a talk to myself when I was 25 well...
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 317
    Options
    I would tell myself to enjoy every minute that I could with my best friend, as he would be gone in a couple of years.

Now if I could have a talk to myself when I was 25 well...

Sorry about your friend :(
  • timjai
    timjai Posts: 113
    Options
    If you killed them all now, you would be out by the time you are writing this.

lol.

Quit smoking, quit eating mcdonalds and get a job you lazy *kitten*.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Funny that this question is here. I just answered another post about our ages when we had our kids. I had my first baby at 17. I love him to pieces (and all my other kids, also), but I probably should have waited to have kids.
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Don't worry so much.
    You are NOT fat.
    Enjoy every second, you'll have the rest of your life to be concerned about all the other stuff.
    Finish college, you'll regret it later.
    Don't be so concerned about not finding "mister right"...he'll be there later and it will be so worth the wait.
    Don't be so scared of people, be yourself, they will like you.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't tell myself anything. I would tell my mom and dad I loved them.
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    I would tell my 17 year old self...

You are not as ugly as you think you are.
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    Buy stocks from Yahoo. Facebook, Microsoft, Apple etc...

I would definitely tell myself to buy stocks... and also that eating is good! Don't be an idiot food fuels the body- the restrictive eating and excessive exercising will make you GAIN weight and make you weak. Stop worrying what others think of you and start doing what makes you happy!
  • TheBakerGirl
    Options
    marry him. he's the one.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Stop complaining about how skinny you are!! You'll regret it when you hit 19 years old, when it all catches up with you!
    Also, don't go on birth control. It's the sole reason you gained weight for the first time in your life you idiot!!
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    If you don't want a career that needs a degree, stop wasting your time at school.
  • stufie
    stufie Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Dress sluttier - you won't ever be this thin again.
    Also, try to be cooler next year when you go to university. But definitely get a single room, cause your roomate's not gonna like you.

ETA: Don't let that guy bother you so much. He's only teasing you because he likes you. Don't worry, you'll end up marrying him.
  • lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    treat him well...he's a keeper
  • anberlingasm
    Options
    I'd just say don't worry, you'll get better at this.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    count your calories and do power 90. everything else will follow.