PCOS help please

Options
Hi ladies!
I am the mom of a seventeen year old PCOSer. We just had labs done as part of a pre-college physical. She is also hypothyroid but all PCOS and thyroid labs were normal which must mean her current meds are fine. My concern is her cholesterol is high 212 overall (should be 125-175) the bad one being 154 (should be 110). I know heart disease can be a long term effect of both PCOS and hypothyroid so I'm concerned. She is working on losing weight and has lost about 20 pounds since school started last fall. Maybe needs to lose another 20. Does anyone have experience with cholesterol and has it been connected to your PCOS? Also, any good books on it? I have a few but she gets really lost in the medical speech.
Thanks for sharing your wisdom and experience!

Becky

Replies

• beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    I am the mom of a seventeen year old PCOSer. We just had labs done as part of a pre-college physical. She is also hypothyroid but all PCOS and thyroid labs were normal which must mean her current meds are fine. My concern is her cholesterol is high 212 overall (should be 125-175) the bad one being 154 (should be 110). I know heart disease can be a long term effect of both PCOS and hypothyroid so I'm concerned. She is working on losing weight and has lost about 20 pounds since school started last fall. Maybe needs to lose another 20. Does anyone have experience with cholesterol and has it been connected to your PCOS? Also, any good books on it? I have a few but she gets really lost in the medical speech.
    Thanks for sharing your wisdom and experience!

Becky