Hey, Steve here reporting in

Options
Been on mfp for 3 days now, watching exactly what I eat, logging exactly what I do.

kind of a newbie here (obviously) so I'm calling out for some pointers.

also feel free to hit me up with questions as well, might spark some things I'm not currently thinking of.

little bit about me,
I live in Edmonton Alberta. I work as a meat cutter for Safeway (lots of heavy lifting)
I'm trying to lose weight for a few reasons. The main and ultimate reason is my health, I find it's slowly declining and my sleep habits are suffering because of my weight. I've been obese for the majority of my life. There is diabetes on one side and heart / blood pressure conditions on the other side of my family. I'm trying to avoid both as much as possible with a better lifestyle. I'm just starting to work out, and as soon as I get into my new place I plan on getting a membership at the local YMCA so I can have access to equipment that I simply cannot afford for a solo routine.

For the time being I was wondering what I could be doing for a workout without equipment, I have a 5 and 10 lb dumbell and 70lbs of weights with a curl bar (garage sales are great for little things). Also, I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on foods with less sodium (one of the bad things in most everyone's diet). I'm mainly looking for snack type foods as that's where I seem to pick up the majority of my sodium intake.

Thanks in advance, also this site is really awesome. I can see it as a great tool for helping me change my life for the better.

Replies