Stupidest Things People Have Said To You About Your Goals

DLDzioba
DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
I figure everyone loves a good rant. Share some stupid things people have said when you've talked about your weightloss goals and plans.

I think the one that takes the cake for me is I was talking to a girl about my age who was seriously into modelling. Good for her, she was very pretty but healthy looking and could probably make plenty of money doing it. I said I was looking forward to getting to be a size 10 or 12 and she just sneered and said something about that being only one size away from plus size.

O.o How are you going to rag on someone wanting to loose weight when they've already got 100+ pounds to lose by saying essentially that they'd still be fat. I don't get the attitude.

Replies

• cadillacfrank
    cadillacfrank Posts: 68 Member
    "How can all that chemical garbage you buy be better for you than what I cook?" - Mom (think Marie from "Everybody Loves Raymond")
  • "Don't get too skinny"

...as if being a size 10 and wanting to lose some weight means I'm just short of having an eating disorder,
  • Maystar80
    Maystar80 Posts: 85 Member
    "Don't get too skinny"

...as if being a size 10 and wanting to lose some weight means I'm just short of having an eating disorder,

LIKE, LIKE, LIKE! I've been yoyo-ing since I was 11 years old. I'm finally focusing on losing in a sustainable way to get to a sustainable weight. But whenever I've lost enough that I was really fit, people like my parents would say stuff like "You need to eat" or "stop worrying about your diet and stuff so much" as if I was too skinny (never have been too skinny, always been considered at the high end of normal or overweight by the bmi charts). It would make me feel like I was too obsessive and maybe I needed to relax and be like everyone else and not care so much about what I ate, and then of course I'd relax too much and end up gaining weight. Now I've learned to stick to my guns.
  • Cal_25
    Cal_25 Posts: 8 Member
    10 or a 12 is my goal. and that is actually my ideal weight for my height too. I've actually heard lots of guys are attracted to curvey size 10 or 12 women. It's a great goal give it every thing and go. I'm glad my dad told me about this site. I've struggled knowing what to do with my eating habits and this is already starting to get me right on track toward my goals. Good luck to you and let the negative roll off your back like water on a duck! ;)
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    "Don't get too skinny"

bahahaha!

As fo‎r me, the rudest thing was after I lost weight (from a female friend of mine)..
    "I liked you better curvier"
    She's 5'7" and 102 lbs, no curves at all....????

"Love handles do not count as curves", I told her.
  • fauxazn
    fauxazn Posts: 1
    A size 10 is a great goal. I know a lot of women in my family who would kill to be a size 10. I wouldn't pay any attention to that modeling girl - I'm sure she's living in a world where body image is totally warped.

I'm adopted into a family where both sides struggle with obesity, so I was always the "bony butt", but I've done my fair share of yoyo-ing as well.

Good luck to everyone!
  • TamsinEllis
    TamsinEllis Posts: 293
    I figure everyone loves a good rant. Share some stupid things people have said when you've talked about your weightloss goals and plans.

I think the one that takes the cake for me is I was talking to a girl about my age who was seriously into modelling. Good for her, she was very pretty but healthy looking and could probably make plenty of money doing it. I said I was looking forward to getting to be a size 10 or 12 and she just sneered and said something about that being only one size away from plus size.

O.o How are you going to rag on someone wanting to loose weight when they've already got 100+ pounds to lose by saying essentially that they'd still be fat. I don't get the attitude.

Wow that was uncalled for (from her I mean not you). I never get anyone say rubbish like that to me, but I do get the friends having rants at me over eating only a quarter of a pizza instead of the whole thing (or similar stuff like that involving food) because, "You already weight less then me/wear a size smaller then me" etc ... Yes I do weigh less and wear smaller sizes, but I'm also 10inches to a foot shorter then all my female friends. So get frustrated when they do the whole "oh it's only for tonight" thing, whilst I know they just want me to relax and have a good time, the point is I already am >_< Plus considering I'll go out with them 3+ times a week it's not really ideal to eat a whole pizza 3 times a week (using pizza as an example, and when I say pizza I mean we order domino's, not homemade). Oh and I obviously know nothing about your height/weight and that, but I got friends who wear a size 12/14 (they wear a 12 but buy a 14 for the baggy look shirts and stuff) and they look smoking hot :D

Edit: Corrected my bad grammar, well most of it hopefully.
  • "Don't get too skinny"

bahahaha!

As fo‎r me, the rudest thing was after I lost weight (from a female friend of mine)..
    "I liked you better curvier"
    She's 5'7" and 102 lbs, no curves at all....????

"Love handles do not count as curves", I told her.

It would be hard to bite my tongue & not say "Yeah, I'd like you better curvier, too."
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Too skinny is different for everyone. For me too skinny is seeing ribs. I think if you are comfortable and healthy you are doing just fine.