Struggling to loose weight and feeling a bit down

Options
2»

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, I didn't lost weight until I cut sugar, fat and most carbs from my diet. Then the weight fell off like crazy. My diet consisted of lean meats (chicken, fish, shrimp) vegetables (no carrots - too much sugar), salad with fat free/calorie free dressings, and fruit, especially apples because they have so much fiber (no bananas or watermelons - too much sugar). Also, drink a ton of water each day. Your body releases fat through excrement.

One last thing - don't eat past 7pm at night and you will increase the speed of weight loss. Good luck !!

Sorry but the don't eat after a certain time thing is a myth. No matter what time you eat your calories you will lose the same - as long as you are under/at your calories.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    I have to be honest, considering I really didn't do any exercise whatsoever before i started, even two hours is way, way more than usual. I have brought a new set of scales and have reset my weight loss aim to 1ib a week, i definately think that i was trying to loose too much too fast! I will try not too eat back all of the calories lost through exercise, i have been trying to eat them all back (boy, don't i feel silly now i really think about it). I realise it may well be obvious, but i'm still a novice! And, apparantly, an idiot. I spoke to my friend who is a sports teacher, and she suggested to start again and plan everything.

It's all a learning curve i guess!!

good for you!!! and yes it is a learning curve for many of us!!!