Kettlebell DVDs

Options
2»

Replies

• Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Thanks both for the advice. I had a go last night at some of the exercises she had - I wrote my own little plan out with number of reps. It felt really good. I then went back and consulted the book on some of the exercises I felt I didn't have good form on. Mainly the deadlift and the clean. I then noted from re-reading the book that I was squatting for the swing and not sitting back into my hips. I found the difference by as she said in the book "imagine you're trying to touch a wall behind you with your bum, so reach your bum back. Really helped

I think I will buy the Iron Core dvd volumes 1 & 2. There seem to be 2 different versions with different covers, but I think it's the same DVD just repackaged with a GoFit logo the more recent one.

I'm really enjoying this, feels like a great challenge and all round workout.

Thanks again :o)
  • kritik
    kritik Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper's Kettlebell workout is great! I think that the video is still available for $5.00 on his website. It is intense!
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Options
    Lauren Brooks. Google her. In my opinion, there is none better.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Everyone can gain from reviewing some form notes now and then.

There'll be a little tip that didn't go in the first time, an aspect you're neglecting or something you're getting lazy on!
  • Mzfoster0517
    Mzfoster0517 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Shred It with Weights is all about the Kettlebells and a pretty good workout with two levels. I was hurt from it (Good Burn)
  • chiccaroline
    chiccaroline Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK and I had the Kettleworx set, but it was really repetitive (you repeat the same moves over & over) and the instructor got really annoying very quickly. I then bought the Kettlercise one which is better and there is an instruction section which talks you through how to do the moves. I quite liked that they all looked like mardy cows though, I figured they were working too hard to be all toothy grins, it felt more real! I also did a 5 week course with a trainer who really focussed on form. If you're in London I can give you his details as he was brilliant.
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Just as an update, I have been reading bits of the book back and have tried a couple of the Beginner Workouts. The first one was fine and I've got the 'clean' in better form now. On Saturday I did the second Beginner Workout "cardio blast" and she wasn't kidding. Basically it is one-armed swings followed by squat/lunge/press combos, so many reps on each side then a little rest, then more of the same but more reps, and then more again.

I am chuffed that I can now achieve rock-bottom squats whilst maintaining form, and my thigh muscles aren't in agony afterwards, but I could definitely feel my glutes yesterday because of the lunges!

I have ordered Volume 1 of Kettlebells the Iron Core Way, DVD by Sarah Curie who wrote the book that I've been using. Will see how I get on!
  • thefunkylibrarian
    thefunkylibrarian Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I bought the second DVD from Kettlercise Just for Women (I did have the first one too) and although its still got that low budget feel the quick workout now has a warm up / cool down. They are the only DVDs I've tried and I really like them as the moves are clearly explained and well 6 weeks in and I have less wobbly arms :-D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kettlercise-Just-Women-Set-DVD/dp/B0052K7IDA
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Once one realises they know squat, comes the realisation one knows all things.