Varying Clothes Sizes

Options
Just came across this, and thought i'd share:

http://sizes.darkgreener.com/

We all know how we can go into one shop and be a size 14, and go into another shop and be a size 16.
The link above tells you what size you should be in certain shops, going off your waist, bust and hip measurements.
So when trying on, you wont need to lug 2 sizes of different garments into the changing rooms!
Obviously it's not going to be 100% right, every time for everyone!
But it's right for me in a lot of the stores!

It just shows how different sizing can be. For me it said anything from a 14 in one shop, upto a 22 in others :ohwell:

Replies

• gtfcnat
    gtfcnat Posts: 199
    Options
    That's really helpful thanks :smile: will share that!
  • fishiewishes
    fishiewishes Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Oh wow it says I'm a size 24 in one place but a 12/14 in another (I WISH! lol). I like that it gives you which places should have the best fit for you though :)
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    That's a useful website. I bookmarked it.
    Thanks!
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    It's when you go into a shop and pick up 2 styles both in the same size that gets me. I've got 2 pairs trousers from asda (Walmart) both uk size 12, both just black boot cut. One pair fits, the other hardly does up.
    What is that about?!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I will check out the link when I get a chance......I always hated that......I fit a 6-10 depending on the store.
  • mrsrice86
    mrsrice86 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It's when you go into a shop and pick up 2 styles both in the same size that gets me. I've got 2 pairs trousers from asda (Walmart) both uk size 12, both just black boot cut. One pair fits, the other hardly does up.
    What is that about?!

That must be annoying lol.
    I hate Asda's sizing. Tops are fine, but the trousers never seem to fit. One size will be too big, so try on the smaller size and it's too small!! Only place i have that problem! lol
  • kayla7303
    kayla7303 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    bump(:
  • Pawsntails
    Pawsntails Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Asda pants are the worst for sizes! You can never send someone to grab you pants as you always need to try them
  • Stormyyy
    Stormyyy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this, very informative :)
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    That site would only be helpful if you could fit into the clothes at those stores already. Otherwise, it just lists the max size that store carries. There's no way my size 20 butt is going to fit into a size 12, unless they are magic jeans.
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the link. I am anywhere from a size 6 to a 12 and its so annoying.....my husband on the other hand is always a 38x32 in pants and XL in tops no matter where he shops, ugh !
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Great link! Hopefully they add more clothes in the future too.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    hly cow I LOVE THAT.. my sizes small and medium tops and 10, 8, 6, in pants :) I currently have a pair of 11/12 pants but they are really big on me :)
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Bookmarked,thanks for sharing :)
  • Pifflesmom
    Pifflesmom Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Many, many years ago, I worked in a very high end ladies boutique. We used to make a killing because a woman could be a typical size 14, try something on that was from a 'designer' and lo and behold - she'd be a size 10...and let me tell you, it didn't make any difference what it looked like - IT WAS A SIZE 10, DAMMIT. That was 25 years ago...I'm sure it still happens! Amazing how we are sadly misguided by what SIZE we wear...I'll admit to it, too - it's still bothersome.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Sizes can vary so much brand to brand. Its better to just go by how clothes fit and ignore the numbers. That said....I sure love to see those numbers going down!
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options
    Bookmarking that site. :)

I usually take a small or medium in shirts (depending on how tight they are in the boobie area). For pants and skirts, I can wear anything from a 6 to a 12, and dresses aren't much better (4 to 10 range). It's nuts.