Reading each others food diarys!!

Options
Hi,

The one thing I love about MFP is that you are able to see each others food habits, I like the fact that seeing what other people eat for a light snack or a healthy meal will inspire me to do the same the next day.
Would be great if people could add me as a friend who are willing to show there food diary public as I do :D xxx

Thanks xx

Replies

• Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I would feel too embarrassed if I were to show my food diary to other people lol. Especially for the past few days...

Some days I do really good until the end of the day and I have run out healthy food to eat lol. The evil food just stares at me.

I will add you anyway, just to see what ideas I can probably nick lol.
  • Louise1583
    Louise1583 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked at anyone else's diary yet, didn't think to - I will now!

I think mine is viewable? It looks pretty impressive at the moment, probably because I'm in my first week! Hopefully I can maintain that level of impressiveness...
  • anberlingasm
    Options
    My food diary is open if you'd like to read it! Sometimes I make healthy choices, sometimes not but I'm not ashamed of any of them.
  • afasnacht
    afasnacht Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I share my food diary...it helps me to try and think about that when i'm deciding what I'm eating that day, because I too, am embarrassed somedays if I mess up! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Mine is public. It isn't always pretty but it's there!
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I love people who share their diary!!!

although I only share mine with friends who share theirs...
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have learned soooo much from other peoples diaries it's jaw dropping!! It's helped me find all my missing links! Bad days are never anything to be ashamed about or hide!!:wink:
  • comalucid
    comalucid Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I share mine for anyone who wants to look :)
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. Feel free to look. It's not always pretty, but eh....such is life.:laugh:
  • jgerbe2
    jgerbe2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    MIne is public. Like others have said, it's not always the greatest but it holds me accountable so I enter everything. I will add you.
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    My diary is public so everyone can see how BAD my diet but I can still lose weight.
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    It kind of annoys me when people's diaries aren't public. What on earth are you afraid of? We are all here for the same reason, to get healthier!

I only have one or two friends with open diaries. I don't look at food diaries to criticize them, I look through them to get new ideas for me to add!!

Mine is set to public, feel free to take a look, not always perfect (rarely perfect actually!!) but maybe I can give someone some new ideas of foods to try!!!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Mine is open
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Actually, I will make my diary. I guess everyone is near enough in the same boat as me. Has good days, has bad days.
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    you can add me....mine is open :)
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Having a public diary keeps me on my toes... I log everything (well OK I don;t track my water and I sometimes forget to log spices used in cooking) and would be happy for people to comment on my diary.

Also, I've learnt a lot of useful stuff by looking at other peoples diaries.

I find it a little strange that people protect/hide their diaries but assume they have their reasons.
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I didnt think ppl looked at the food diaries! I can make mines public if anyone wants to check it out!!! Maybe give me some pointers too :)
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends if you want to add me, but I would suggest you only view it for suggestions during the week, my weekends are frequently shocking! :ohwell:
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My food diary is public, anyone is free to browse it. I tend not to comment on other people's diaries as I believe we're adult enough to take responsibility for our own eating and drinking habits. They are a good place for ideas though!
  • fitnoflab
    fitnoflab Posts: 100
    Options