feeling really hungry today

Options
i have times when i am just really hungry most of the time i end up giving in and eatting more ...
any top tips to get throught these times

Replies

• Stormyyy
    Stormyyy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i've been the exact same way these last 4 days but before that i was doing brilliantly n thought i had trained my brain to have less these last few months.

I'm wondering if it's maybe because i've been doing Jillian Michaels at home for an hour a night instead of my usual jog or swim as my muscles are in agony and maybe screaming for more food lol.

Try to keep busy as i just did typing this reply to u, more minutes my fingers are on the keyboard less time in the fridge hehe

Goodluck! :flowerforyou:
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    If your body is truly hungry, you need to eat. Starving it will counteract your weight loss goals. Pick healthy choices and small portions and you'll be fine. We SHOULD eat when we are hungry. If you find yourself hungry most of the time, I'd say you aren't eating properly. I am on a 1200 calorie diet and am really never hungry. Theres 1200 calories of good food that keeps you full and 1200 calories of crappy food that makes you hungry again an hour later. Know what I mean?
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Depending on your height, weight, body fat and age...you may not be eating enough to lose proper weight!

These are appx numbers but to just give you a little idea....

Women 5'2" working out 3-5 times a week need at least 1600 cals daily.
    Women 5'5" working out 3-5 times a week need at least 1900-2200 daily.

For Men its even more.

No diet book mentions feeling hungry.
    The mention eating right!

My suggestion is to make sure your macros reflect:
    1g protein per pound of lean mass or 1g protein per pound of perfect weight.
    .45-.60g Fat per lean mass or pound of perfect weight.
    Carbs will fill in the rest.
  • Zarienz
    Zarienz Posts: 60
    Options
    Ive found that in my experience, eating huge amounts of refined carbs, esp flour based sugar foods... makes me more hungrier later on. Maybe just lowering the consumption of refined carbs, heavily processed foods and going all natural might make a difference to your hunger pangs.
  • tuppance
    tuppance Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you could be thirsty and you are misreading your body's signals. try a glass of water if you are still hungry half an hour later - eat :)
  • pabocat
    pabocat Posts: 10
    Options
    I have days like that.I drink a glass of water and wait about 30 min.If I am still hungry I have a healthy snack.:smile:
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Protein is your friend when it comes to curbing your appetite...
    mix a little protein powder with some water or milk for a quick low cal fix
  • Zarienz
    Zarienz Posts: 60
    Options
    Sometimes you could be thirsty and you are misreading your body's signals. try a glass of water if you are still hungry half an hour later - eat :)

agree with you also.
  • weight2go
    weight2go Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I also have days like that. Mine tends to happen (sorry guys) around that time of the month. I do heavy workouts so I get alot of extra caleries, however I still try not to go to far over my 1200 per day. So that when I dont have them I will not feel to deprived.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I eat little and often, I sometimes carry things like crackbread round with me just in case I get really hungry.

And I agree with the people saying about water, the hypothalamus controls both your need for food and water, so sometimes you'll get a crossed signal, you shouldn't ever be thirsty as that's a sign of dehydration and it'll mean some of that hunger is actually just thirst!

Couple of sites I found that might be handy:

http://www.home-water-purifiers-and-filters.com/dehydration-information.php

http://www.livestrong.com/article/441564-difference-between-being-hungry-and-thirsty/

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art46045.asp

Hope this helps :-D
  • deejaycee114
    deejaycee114 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    This is my first week and like you, have found myself feeling a little hungry towards the end of the day. I've been eating anywhere between 1500-2000 calories a day, burning between 300 and 1000 (depends on if I decide to go for a power walk or work out on the eliptical and also what I've eaten that day) to reach a net goal of 1200 as MFP suggests, or at least come close to it. Water does help, but when it doesn't, I pick up a fruit or any other healthy snack.