How many days a week did u do c25k

Options
Just realized after three days in a row, my first week, that it turned to week two. So am i only supposed to do this 3 days a week? Anyone did it more? I really enjoy the work out i get and wanted to do it more, but dont wanna injure myself expecially the shins, cause ive had shin splints before and they lasted forever! Ugg...how did u do it?

Replies

• ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Just realized after three days in a row, my first week, that it turned to week two. So am i only supposed to do this 3 days a week? Anyone did it more? I really enjoy the work out i get and wanted to do it more, but dont wanna injure myself expecially the shins, cause ive had shin splints before and they lasted forever! Ugg...how did u do it?

I'm on week 3, and I've tried to do it every other day.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Congrats! So every other day. So maybe wait till tomorrow then!
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Yes, the program is designed for 3 times week, with days off to allow for recovery. You might want to consider starting at a later stage of the program if the first few weeks are too easy for you.
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Do it as often as you want to. if youn feel you can, then why not??? :smile:
  • Reckabek
    Options
    Yes, the program is designed for 3 times week, with days off to allow for recovery. You might want to consider starting at a later stage of the program if the first few weeks are too easy for you.

Thank u! I wouldnt say its to easy i sweat up a storm, and burn just as much as a jillian michaels dvd! Love it! And its so peaceful!
  • paul_draper
    paul_draper Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It's important to allow your muscles time to repair so 3 times a week is plenty. You could try another exerceis on the off days such as the 100 pushups programme.
  • Reckabek
    Options
    Do it as often as you want to. if youn feel you can, then why not??? :smile:

True im not sure i will feel i can after this past week, it does double the running next week. Whoa! Lol
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

I have literally just got off the treadmill after doing second session of week 3.

The first week, I did feel like I could do it every day, but yesterday my hamstrings were a bit sore and I couldn't have done it again.
  • Reckabek
    Options
    It's important to allow your muscles time to repair so 3 times a week is plenty. You could try another exerceis on the off days such as the 100 pushups programme.

Ya dont need no shin splints thats for sure, i was wondering if thats why its made for 3 days a week...
  • Reckabek
    Options

I have literally just got off the treadmill after doing second session of week 3.

The first week, I did feel like I could do it every day, but yesterday my hamstrings were a bit sore and I couldn't have done it again.

Uhho what i have to come! Excited yet scared! Lol
  • yclayborne32
    Options
    I do the couch to 5k program every other day I'm suppose to start the first day of the third week and I don't know if my body especially my hamstrings are going to let me do it.
  • Krystal924
    Krystal924 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I only do it Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I weight lift and work on abs on the off days. Today is Day 3 of Week 6. 22 min. Good luck!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I do it three times a week, Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. I am on Week 7 and did Day 2 last night. It's really important to take a rest day in between to allow your body to recover.