Sabotage!!

Options
2»

Replies

• deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Sigh. They are just being polite. Would you feel better if they never asked you at all?

It's not about you. They are free to eat whatever they like. You really have to find a way to say "No" - not to them, to yourself. They could really not care less if you eat it or not. But they are going to be polite and offer, anyway.

You could be right - Im just being a moody b****** because I'm dieting! LOL

However the person did make quite a fuss because I gave it to another colleague - after Id said 'thanks for the cake but I'm trying to be good at the moment so Im not going to indulge' . :laugh:
    So let them make a fuss - that says SO MUCH MORE about THEM than it does about you!

People love to connect and show love through food - which can get twisted quickly. But she [assuming it's a 'she' - and I guess that tells you something about me!] needs to realize your right to say no, and not base her self-esteem on you eating her cupcakes!

You did the right thing. Yes, food pushers exist ... but the only person who can sabotage you is yourself - and you DIDN'T. Kudos for that!
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    After a month of eating right and exercising and having the same feelings as you, I have come to the conclusion that just because I am trying to be healthy, doesnt necessarily mean those around me have to as well. I control me, I can beat the temptations, and I bet you will too.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    dawn...i commend your willpower! you go girl!
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    If you keep thinking in terms of 'dieting' and it's affecting your mood--I'm sorry, but you're making this harder on yourself. Try to get your mind around this...it's a lifestyle change, not a diet to lose the extra lbs and then go back to what you truly want to eat. No one is sabatoging you...Once you can get the proper mindset, all the cakes n' goodies won't bother you one bit. But with that said, you should be able to have your cake and eat it, too....Just put that baby in your caloric intake for the day! :smile: