nsv for me

Options
dfranco_rr
dfranco_rr Posts: 11 Member
It may not be a big thing for most people, but early last week I was finally able to run/jog a full mile with out stopping, and after almost 2 weeks of keeping at it, i've knocked my mile time from just under 17 minutes to just under 13 minutes! Seeing as how I havnt ran more than 50-60 ft at a time in years, I consider that a nice little victory to me :) Happy Friday People!

Replies

• hk2008
    hk2008 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!! That is a great NSV! Good for you!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    That is huge! Congrats! I still can't run a mile continuously, and I've been trying for quite a while now!
  • angebrun
    angebrun Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Terrific NSV! Nice work!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I couldn't run to the bathroom. Congrats!:drinker:
  • busyblkgirl
    busyblkgirl Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! My ultimate goal is to be a runner, so this very inspirational! Keep up the good work!
  • dfranco_rr
    dfranco_rr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    thanks guys! I now have a goal of being able to run a 5k by late april...I know its an additional 2 miles to what im running now, but with a little hard work & great support here on mfp, Im sure i can do it. Good luck to everyone else with their goals!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You absolutely ROCK!!!! I can't run yet (I'm doing wee little jaunts on my treadmill each day) and your post is so inspirational and VERY impressive to me...I'm so PROUD of you!!!!
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Outstanding, and you will be fine for your 5K!
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Awesome job, I am looking to do a 5K next month, and just started running myself. Haven't tried to run a mile yet, so this is very encouraging to see you improve your time rather quickly.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!