Sleep or lack there of

Options
I know that getting good sleep has been linked to weight loss and weight management. I just can't sleep. I have done all the sleep hygeine stuff. I sleep in a cool. darkened room. I don't drink tea or coffee. I turn off the TV or computer and read for awhile. I work out but not too close to bed time.

I have seen my doctor and all they seem to want to give me is low dose antidepressants. I am NOT depressed and I find these pills just wind me up and make it even harder to sleep. So now I am on a sleeping pill every night. Yes, it helps me fall asleep but I wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep.

When I am tired, I find it very hard to stick with my program. I am just getting to the end of my rope.

I really need some support to help me stick to my program

Namaste, Kristine

Replies

• dezwark
    dezwark Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    did they check your blood? i am borderline anemic and it got really hard for me to sleep as well as feeling tired and run down ALL DAY. come to find out my iron was dangerously low and now that i am on my vitamins plus extra iron i am sleeping better then i have slept in a long time. just a thought. hope you feel better.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Have you tried melatonin? It works wonders for my daughter.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Have you tried melatonin? It works wonders for my daughter.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^ I use to have the same problem until I discovered melatonin! Works like a miracle for me. Unlike sleeping pills it does not leave you groggy the next day. Doctors are always too quick to prescribe antidepressants, especially to women! Stay away from them if you can.

Please give Melatonin a try...you can pick it up at any drug store in 3mg or 5 mg strengths. I use the Shopper's Drug Mart brand in the 3 mg. I have found that not all brands work as well for me so I stick to this one. My son-in-law takes the 5 mg and sleeps like a baby.

Here's hoping you get a real good night's sleep! :flowerforyou:
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I am going to a health fair next week that has as one of its exhibitors, a Sleep Solutions place. I'll talk to them as well as look into the Meletonin.