Myfitnesspal's confusion with my diet

Options
I was excited when I first started myfitnesspal. I was recording my daily intake. I want to lose in total 21pounds, and so far I've lost 7. I loved how myfitnesspal recognized the foods I ate. Somehow myfitnesspal was telling me I would gain so many pounds by such & such a date. I never said I wanted to gain. It even had my calorie intake up to over 1800 calories a day. I'm only 4'10.75". I tried to get it across that I'm hear to lose and when it wouldn't show me the correction, I quit using it. I definately want it to show me the calories I should consume to lose. I was hoping I would get a reply back and I haven'y and I do record my daily log elsewhere. I wouls use myfitnesspal again but only after the correction is made. i think myfitnesspal is a wonderful tool but it has got to make that correction for me or else I can't use it.
Sincerely, Janis

Replies

• gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    You must have set your goals up wrong? I do know that if you eat over your allotted calories is will tell you that you are going to gain so that you realize that you are eating too much. How many pounds a week did you put in your settings to lose a week?
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I was excited when I first started myfitnesspal. I was recording my daily intake. I want to lose in total 21pounds, and so far I've lost 7. I loved how myfitnesspal recognized the foods I ate. Somehow myfitnesspal was telling me I would gain so many pounds by such & such a date. I never said I wanted to gain. It even had my calorie intake up to over 1800 calories a day. I'm only 4'10.75". I tried to get it across that I'm hear to lose and when it wouldn't show me the correction, I quit using it. I definately want it to show me the calories I should consume to lose. I was hoping I would get a reply back and I haven'y and I do record my daily log elsewhere. I wouls use myfitnesspal again but only after the correction is made. i think myfitnesspal is a wonderful tool but it has got to make that correction for me or else I can't use it.
    Sincerely, Janis

you can change the calorie goals manually, go to goals, and there is a manual change button on the bottom.
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I am 4 ft 10 it has my calories at 1200?