girl scout cookies

Options
2»

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Why would I want to stay away from them? There's nothing wrong with cookies. Thin mints are like 40 calories each. I eat them every day.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Damn somoas! I ate a lot of those this week. So glad that box is gone.
    my husband found a brand that makes the somoas all year!! ugh that is one true weakness of mine lol so hard every time i go to the store..
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Damn somoas! I ate a lot of those this week. So glad that box is gone.
    my husband found a brand that makes the somoas all year!! ugh that is one true weakness of mine lol so hard every time i go to the store..

Keebler makes a version of the Thin Mint and the Samoa. Bigger package, $1 less than the Girl Scout ones and friends tell me they taste exactly the same.
  • stephzub
    stephzub Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My daughter is a "daisy" so I have also bought my share of cookies too. I package them up (two at a time, in snack bags) and eat them when I have had a strong workout. If I have a moment of weakness, I just freeze them all and thaw them one little bag at a time. Otherwise, I would eat the whole darn box!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'm a troop leader. I currently have the remaining stock at my house. 212 boxes. Hopefully we get most of the remaining boxes sold at shops tomorrow. I freeze them and use in recipes for special events. That way I support the troop but don't finish off a whole box to myself in one sitting. I have broke down and had some this past week. Once I start I can't stop. I personally am better to use only in recipes.
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    Anyone else having trouble staying away from their girl scout cookies? My daughter is a girl scout and I ended up buying 10 boxes. I try to save as many calories for the end of the day that I can in hopes I can have 2 cookies.... this is sad.

My husband ordered 10 boxes but thankfully they haven't arrived yet.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have 2 boxes of Thin Mints and 3 boxes of Tagalongs in my refrigerator...they've been in there for 3 weeks and I haven't touched them yet! I think I'm testing myself to see how long I can hold out!
  • grace8488
    grace8488 Posts: 12
    Options
    My daughter is a "daisy" so I have also bought my share of cookies too. I package them up (two at a time, in snack bags) and eat them when I have had a strong workout. If I have a moment of weakness, I just freeze them all and thaw them one little bag at a time. Otherwise, I would eat the whole darn box!
    [/quote Great thinking!
  • grace8488
    grace8488 Posts: 12
    Options
    Oops...great thinking!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I originally ordered 5 boxes but only ordered 2. Good thing I did!
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I had 150+ boxes in my house. I now have 5 left. I am desperately trying to sell them...so I don't eat them...because miraculously, I have not eaten one...yet.

is the sale over yet? Pretty please.

LOL
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought any this year, and that's hard to do with my little cousin selling them. We just don't have the money for any this year. But when I do buy them, I put them in the freezer. It makes me eat them slower, and savor them more. I don't eat the whole box in one sitting that way.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My daughter is a Daisy and we have to pick up our boxes Monday. I bought 2 boxes. That is it! I can not have them in the house so I did not buy enough to do a lot of damage.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Those adorable little girl scouts and their cookies are EVIL! Pure EVIL I say! Just kidding! I love the cookies so I can't have them in my house. Period.
    If someone asks me to buy some cookies (that goes for candy too or anything else being sold) I just give them $10.00 and tell them to give the boxes of cookies or whatever to someone else. They usually look at me like I'm crazy but it's that or they get nothing from me. lol
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I no longer buy them--just hand the girls a donation instead.

Me too! I give our neighbor who's a Girl Scout a $20 straight donation every year.

It seems like she'd rather have me buy the cookies though. She always gives me a big "Thank You!" but I can see that she's at least a little dissappointed I'm not buying the cookies instead. I think she likes winning the prizes for cookie sales.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I went to walmart on purpose last weekend because i knew they were there. I ate my box of samos within the weekend. I am glad they are gone and i got my fix. Lol
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm a troop leader. I currently have the remaining stock at my house. 212 boxes. Hopefully we get most of the remaining boxes sold at shops tomorrow. I freeze them and use in recipes for special events. That way I support the troop but don't finish off a whole box to myself in one sitting. I have broke down and had some this past week. Once I start I can't stop. I personally am better to use only in recipes.
    I'm cookie mom for our troop and currently have 395 boxes in our house. We have had 2 boxes purchased in our household. I may donate $40 for Cookie Share-our charity is Children's Hospital of Orange County this year. I figure ill and injured children will appreciate them more than I will!
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I no longer buy them--just hand the girls a donation instead.

Me too! I give our neighbor who's a Girl Scout a $20 straight donation every year.

It seems like she'd rather have me buy the cookies though. She always gives me a big "Thank You!" but I can see that she's at least a little dissappointed I'm not buying the cookies instead. I think she likes winning the prizes for cookie sales.
    The donations count towards the prizes won, so this shouldn't be an issue. If they are doing the nationwide cookie share, the only issue is may pose is it doesn't take from troop inventory if they are doing Cookies Now(Where they already have cookies on hand and not the order form). You can earn a patch for Cookie share by getting 12 "boxes" donated, so it will count toward her total AND the patch.
  • ltowns11
    ltowns11 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yummie love the GS cookies!!!