Confused "PLEASE HELP"

Options
Ok I just started on here a week ago and I am a little confused. My plan from MFP says that I need to eat 1,200 and I burn over 1,540 a week in exercise and I am deficit by 660. But when I work out it adds more calories to eat. So what do I need to do? I have a plan that I made and I try to stick to only eating 1,200 calores a day.

So far I have not seen a result in loosing any pounds. I know it takes time,I am having slight headaches and trying to drink a lot of water.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Again:happy:
Onica

Replies

• okuhlmann
    okuhlmann Posts: 12
    Options
    Ok I just started on here a week ago and I am a little confused. My plan from MFP says that I need to eat 1,200 and I burn over 1,540 a week in exercise and I am deficit by 660. But when I work out it adds more calories to eat. So what do I need to do? I have a plan that I made and I try to stick to only eating 1,200 calores a day.

So far I have not seen a result in loosing any pounds. I know it takes time,I am having slight headaches and trying to drink a lot of water.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Again:happy:
    Onica
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    it sounds like you need to bee eating your exercise calories.
  • okuhlmann
    Options
    Ok so when I do work out eat about 1,540 calories and when I do not work out eat only 1,200?
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Eat what you burn ... your deficit works best when you're refueling your muscles the days you work out.

If you're only burning 340 calories per workout, then yes.
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Eat what you burn ... your deficit works best when you're refueling your muscles the days you work out.

If you're only burning 340 calories per workout, then yes.

Ditto. Well said, ghanie!:happy:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Ok so when I do work out eat about 1,540 calories and when I do not work out eat only 1,200?

Yep! MFP builds in the deficit, so when you workout, you get to eat those calories! :smile: It will prevent your body from going into starvation mode, where it slows your metabolism.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling you're burning more than 340 calories per workout. With the headaches ... just a feeling. What are you using to track your calorie burn?
  • okuhlmann
    Options
    Wow ok now I get it thank you guys for all your input......I was a little shocked when it said I was deficit by 660 calories. So maybe that is why I am getting headache because I am not eating enough when I work out?
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Could be. Also make sure you are drinking enough water. I know if I get dehydrated, I get a headache.