The Power of a Positive Word

Options
A couple of weeks ago, I went to try out a new gym with a friend. I have never worked out with her before.
It was a great class that incorporated a little bit of cardio with lots of weights.

After class, we were walking out and she said, "You have a beautiful body. I can tell you workout and take care of yourself."

I have not thought of myself as having a beautiful body in at least 15 years. It has given me the self confidence to start P90X last week and feel like I can stick with it. It gave me such a lift, you can't imagine. So, if you see someone you know or even someone you see working out really hard at the gym, say something encouraging and/or positive. It may be the one thing they need to hear to spur them on. :drinker: :flowerforyou: :wink:

Replies

• get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    A couple of weeks ago, I went to try out a new gym with a friend. I have never worked out with her before.
    It was a great class that incorporated a little bit of cardio with lots of weights.

After class, we were walking out and she said, "You have a beautiful body. I can tell you workout and take care of yourself."

I have not thought of myself as having a beautiful body in at least 15 years. It has given me the self confidence to start P90X last week and feel like I can stick with it. It gave me such a lift, you can't imagine. So, if you see someone you know or even someone you see working out really hard at the gym, say something encouraging and/or positive. It may be the one thing they need to hear to spur them on. :drinker: :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Don't you just love that?! Congrats! I said something like that to my friend the other day and I think it made her feel good cause she just started lifting weights after being a cardio girl for a long time. Good play, I think I'll compliment another person tomorrow, good job on working so hard! :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I meant good plan not play! :happy:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Don't you just love that?! Congrats! I said something like that to my friend the other day and I think it made her feel good cause she just started lifting weights after being a cardio girl for a long time. Good play, I think I'll compliment another person tomorrow, good job on working so hard! :happy:

~Leash :heart:

Change is GOOD! :smile:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    pay it forward
    a good thing
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that!

You are right that all it takes is a few positive words to get someone motivated to continue!

:flowerforyou:
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    :heart: That was a wonderful thing your friend did. How nice! Like Dave said pay it forward. I try everyday to compliment someone on something. I don't mean just blowing smoke up someone's butt :laugh: I mean genuinely finding someone's strength and commenting on it.

You never know when one kind word or gesture could just be the one thing that has good in someones' day. Like you said it could be just the thing to get someone moving in the right direction.

Good for you!