340 lb'ers, calorie allowance?

Options
13»

Replies

• cjaharmon
    cjaharmon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would say talk to your doctor and have him or her help you decide. MFP set e at 2400 when I first started and I found that I didn't lose fast or barely at all. My doctor had me move the goal down to 1800 on nonexercise days and 2000 on exercise days. He said that is more then enough to have a good healthy diet and give me wiggle room for when I forget to write something down or gives me room for not calculating correctly portion sizes. He thought this was a better long term way for me to stick with it and I have started losing again after doing what he said. I am rarely hungry and only hit starving when I am stupid and forget to do what I should. I think I like the best that I have the room to taste test cooking and other things like this when I am preparing for my family meals, and it's next to impossible to track those calories for me and if I tried I would scream! So I am staying at 1800 for now...MFP recently said I should be at 2250 after 25+ lbs weight loss. I will decrease again when they say I need to get below 2000.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    The more you weigh the higher your calorie allowance will be.. that's the point. It decreases as you lose weight. I'm in the low 250s and mine is 1300.
  • sfoster3171982
    sfoster3171982 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    MFP tells me to consume 2300 and I weight 323 now. I wonder why that is but even my trainer said based on a calculation that I should be eating 2800 but when I wasn't losing anything we dropped it to 2500.

Anyway my point was you need to eat those 2000 because your body will go into starvation mode especially if you are working out and will start to eat the fat and it will keep you overweight.