How I got out of a rut.

Options
Like many of you I am in the homestretch for weight loss! I've worked hard to lose weight, but the last 10 would not budge. I tried everything and it just wouldn't come off.

Recently I started taking B12 supplements every day. Since doing so, I've lost 5 pounds. It naturally sped up my metabolism!

Have any of you tried this? If so, what were your results?

8857766.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    o trying this! Thank you
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I have not, but if it works, I certainly will!
  • soagirl777
    soagirl777 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, will definately try this!:smile:
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
  • pinkyslippers
    pinkyslippers Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Worth a try - thanks! :happy:
  • KarateGoddess
    KarateGoddess Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Cool! I'll have to try this. Thanks!
  • malliexo
    malliexo Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to see if it works for you guys too! Feel free to add me and keep me in the loop. I was seriously in a 2 year rut! I screamed when I got on the scale today. :)
  • cannedice2006
    Options
    Yay, great advice. I have been taking B Complex for a few weeks and have consistently been losing the weight. Not sure if it is the B vitamins or watching my calories, but I am quite happy!
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've been at a plateau for 2 months. . . I'm so going to try this. I'll love you if this works for me! :)
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. I'm going to try it too unless someone says something bad about it on here.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    B vitamins are supposed to give you more energy. Do you think that has impacted the length or intensity of your workouts to help lose the weight?
  • malliexo
    Options
    B vitamins are supposed to give you more energy. Do you think that has impacted the length or intensity of your workouts to help lose the weight?

To be honest, I haven't worked out in 2 weeks and I started taking the B12 2 weeks ago. So the only thing that I've been doing is sticking to 1,200 calories, no work outs. I've lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks.
  • malliexo
    Options
    I've been at a plateau for 2 months. . . I'm so going to try this. I'll love you if this works for me! :)

Add me and let me know how it goes!! :)
  • laurajplus4
    laurajplus4 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am going to start taking them... can't hurt no matter what, right? :)
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options

To be honest, I haven't worked out in 2 weeks and I started taking the B12 2 weeks ago. So the only thing that I've been doing is sticking to 1,200 calories, no work outs. I've lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks.

I think if I could STOP working out and lower my calories I would lose weight. I like to workout and it makes me hungry! I dont go over my goal ( most days) But I think I do better with lower calories. I will try the vitamins. I have been stuck for a few months now.
  • malliexo
    Options

I think if I could STOP working out and lower my calories I would lose weight. I like to workout and it makes me hungry! I dont go over my goal ( most days) But I think I do better with lower calories. I will try the vitamins. I have been stuck for a few months now.

You need low calorie- protein rich snacks to help you fill up. My favorites are homemade, low-fat chocolate milk after workout, non-fat cottage cheese, deli turkey (if you have a Sprouts, it's cheap and really good), blackbeans (make sure to always rinse to eliminate sodium), shelled edamame, etc. :)
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    So are these just called B12 supplements at the store? Can you get them at Walgreens or do you have to go to health food store? Thanks! I'm not sure I know what they are! Thanks so much!
  • malliexo
    Options
    So are these just called B12 supplements at the store? Can you get them at Walgreens or do you have to go to health food store? Thanks! I'm not sure I know what they are! Thanks so much!

I randomly bought mine at Big Lots. They are B12 100 MCG. They were $3.00 for 100 tablets.
  • malliexo
    Options

Oh and they are just vitamins, lol.