Light workout advice

Options
I need some ideas for a nice light workout for today. I am pretty sore from lifting a bit heavier this week and taking cardio kickboxing on Wednesday night (used weighted gloves for the first time), but I'd like to do a little something this evening at the gym. Nothing crazy, as I've got an 11 mile run on the schedule tomorrow, but a little something so I don't feel lazy.

They don't have any classes tonight at the gym, so I'm kinda on my own. Any thoughts?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    for my light workouts, i usually do 20 mins on the elliptical on low resistance and 20 mins on the bike low resistance. my heart rate doesnt get super elevated either and it's just enough to get the blood flowing into those sore muscles.

after that i stretch and maybe hit the whirlpool.

the other option is goofing off in the pool. i do things like slow jog, jumping jacks and cross country skiing.
  • TrueBlueBruin78
    TrueBlueBruin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. Today is technically my day off, but i go to the gym so i dont get or feel lazy. Today i will do cardio (elliptical) for 45- to an hour, then core exercises, and other exercise that i had missed in the week.

So my tip for you would be a nice light bike or elliptical warm up, then do all machine work for each body part. 2 sets of 15 reps at very moderate weight. Hopefully this helps.