not sure how this works!?

Options
i am confused on how this site works....i have my allotted calories for the day, then i exercise then it tells me i have earned so many calories from exercise (i am in my third week if p90x) ok i got that much but my question is, am i to stay within my allotted calories or do i eat those as well as my 'earned' calories? also if i am trying to eat 50% protein calories, 30% carbohydrate calories, 20% fat calories, how do i calculate this as it shows my totals in grams.
thank you in advance for any direction!:wink::wink:

Replies

• krystad
    krystad Posts: 28
    Options
    i am confused on how this site works....i have my allotted calories for the day, then i exercise then it tells me i have earned so many calories from exercise (i am in my third week if p90x) ok i got that much but my question is, am i to stay within my allotted calories or do i eat those as well as my 'earned' calories? also if i am trying to eat 50% protein calories, 30% carbohydrate calories, 20% fat calories, how do i calculate this as it shows my totals in grams.
    thank you in advance for any direction!:wink::wink:
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    Everyone is different and there is a lot of information on this site about eating/not eating your exercise calories. Personnel I try to eat back the calories if I can but if I can't because I so full I do at least try to ensure I'm above 1200 on a daily basis

I look at it like this: Food is fuel - you need to maintain a decent level in order for the body to function properly.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Wth P90X you absolutely HAVE to eat ALL your exercise calories!!! I'm even eating more to hit the recommended 1800 as I tend to do better on it (not to mention it's making me lose weight faster too).

Don't forget a recovery drink with a 4:1 carb/protein ratio (nonfat chocolate milk is quick and cheap if you don't have one). And have your biggest meal within an hour of your workout. You're basically refueling your muscles to encourage muscle recovery and growth.