help with calculating oz. of meat

Options
I ate some beef (roast) from a crock pot last night. What is the best way to calculate the amount for the calorie counter? I do not have a food weighing machine. I am a new member and trying to work this out. Thank you!

Replies

• crazycat80
    crazycat80 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    If I don't have my scale, I typically tell myself that 3-4 oz of meat is about the size of a deck of cards.
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I ate some beef (roast) from a crock pot last night. What is the best way to calculate the amount for the calorie counter? I do not have a food weighing machine. I am a new member and trying to work this out. Thank you!

Go out and get a scale asap. Use it for awhile and sooner or later you will be able to eyeball. But from what i usually see when people try to guess cooked meats, double your guess. So if you think its 4oz, its probably closer to 8oz raw.
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I have been using a measuring cup. 2 oz. is 1/4 cup. not sure if this is the right way to do it but it's how i do. thinking about getting one of those dig. food scales
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have been using a measuring cup. 2 oz. is 1/4 cup. not sure if this is the right way to do it but it's how i do. thinking about getting one of those dig. food scales

This only works for liquids. If you're measuring anything solid it wouldn't work.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options

I highly recommend getting a food scale. You can get a good digital at WalMart or Target for less than $20, and it will pay for itself in results!