Great news from the doc.

Options
:laugh: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Hi,

3 months ago I weighed over 16 stone, after a visit to the doc he recommended statins as my risk of heart attack due to High blood pressure and family history were high(i'm a 50 yo male). my Bp was 153/90 and resting pulse rate of 78. I didn't want statins and didn't want a hearrt attack either. I found fitness pal and joined a gym.

Today i went back to the doc. I'm just over 14 stone, bp 113/70 and resting pulse rate of 58. He was impressed. so was I. Now I guess I've asked a few dumb questions on here in the last 3 months but I've also picked up a load of great advice.

this post is for 2 reasons. the first is the hope that it motivates people in the position I was in 3 months ago to get stuck in and give it a go. It works. the second is a really pick thank you to everyone who has taken time to answer the posts and share their knowledge with others. It's really appreciated

Thanks all

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You so totally ROCK...I'm so proud of you!!!!!! WOW
  • duncanryan
    duncanryan Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Amazing results!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    That's a great result - thank you for taking the time to acknowledge your My Fitness Pals:smile:
  • Agirard25
    Agirard25 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!! what a difference!
  • katyconser
    katyconser Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    GREAT WORK!! and i say WORK intentionally... because i'm sure it wasn't easy! you are doing an awesome job... keep it up!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!