Hey I'm new..

SueFann
SueFann Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
But not new to trying to lose weight. I'm 58 and diabetic.... ick but because Im diabetic I have been given a new reason to lose the weight and get healthy. I no longer look at it as getting skinny, I look at food and think "is this going to raise my blood sugar?"Anyway, I heard about this site from a friend of mine so I'm pretty excited. Ive lost some already and really want to get to a healthy weight and get off my medication. :o) THAT would be lovely. I'll be back tomorrow and add more. Goodnigh

Replies

• SueFann
    SueFann Posts: 4
    But not new to trying to lose weight. I'm 58 and diabetic.... ick but because Im diabetic I have been given a new reason to lose the weight and get healthy. I no longer look at it as getting skinny, I look at food and think "is this going to raise my blood sugar?"Anyway, I heard about this site from a friend of mine so I'm pretty excited. Ive lost some already and really want to get to a healthy weight and get off my medication. :o) THAT would be lovely. I'll be back tomorrow and add more. Goodnigh
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,133 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Welcome, Sue,

You've come to the right place. MFP has lots of great tools. If you want a support group there's a diabetic thread and a 50+ women thread.

I find it best to log my food the night before.

Take it one day at a time
    stay open minded to new ideas
    take baby steps
    drink lots of water :drinker: :drinker:

if you work at this, you can do it.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Yay for you on coming here, I signed on this site 1 year ago, but never introduced myself or started using it until Jan 21st 2009. Here I am 4 months later and almost 20 pounds off! You can do this! You can lose and get off the meds...........................................

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Good for you for taking your health into your own hands. Continued success to you. Welcome to the site! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This is the best website ever. I love it here and I think you will too. This website is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.