Need a bit of advice/support

Options
So I don't have a lot of support when it comes to losing weight. Everyone in my family is overweight/obese except for my younger brother who is incredibly fit. My husband is super skinny but eats like a horse (and not a lot of healthy food). Everytime I mention wanting to lose weight they tell me "you look fine, you don't need to lose weight." Especially my husband. I'm starting to think he likes me this way, but I don't.

Anyways, he wants to try for another baby this month, and I'm okay with it. I'm still breastfeeding my daughter (she just turned a year old). When I was pregnant the first time I was very careful about what I ate, now I've gained probably 15 more pounds since she was born. My husband said he would let me sign up for a weight loss program after we have another baby and that he would pay for it and everything, even though we don't have a ton of extra money. I want to lose weight now though, i just don't know how to do it safel while breastfeeding and pregnant. My doctor said it's okay to lose while while pregnant. I just don't know. And I don't have any motivation or support when it comes to exercising. I don't have any really good healthy recipes that would help, and I hate stuff like peppers and onions, they make me gag.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Meals, motivation for exercise, anything. Anyone going through the same thing that needs a buddy? I'm desperate.

Replies

• skinEme1018
    Options
    You will have to become your own cheerleader. Just think of the healthy impact you will have on your babies. My husband stated that if we joined a gym he would work out with me all the time...well..I joined several months ago and he has never gone. There are so many excuses he uses it's not funny. I would suggest you speaking to your doctor about recommending a dietician while pregnant. They are very helpful in knowing what foods will help keep you energy up and what to skip on.

Maybe you should change your wording as well... I used to say I want to lose weight and my husband and family said, your fine. Now I started saying I want to get healthy...they have nothing to say to that. That way it changes your mind set as well.

I lost weight while breastfeeding by watching all sweets/sodas and walking about two miles a day. one in the morning and one in the afternoon. That was a huge benefit for my baby too because they got to take a ride in the stroller.

I hope this encourages you some.
  • yclayton
    yclayton Posts: 44
    Options
    You will have to become your own cheerleader. Just think of the healthy impact you will have on your babies. My husband stated that if we joined a gym he would work out with me all the time...well..I joined several months ago and he has never gone. There are so many excuses he uses it's not funny. I would suggest you speaking to your doctor about recommending a dietician while pregnant. They are very helpful in knowing what foods will help keep you energy up and what to skip on.

Maybe you should change your wording as well... I used to say I want to lose weight and my husband and family said, your fine. Now I started saying I want to get healthy...they have nothing to say to that. That way it changes your mind set as well.

I lost weight while breastfeeding by watching all sweets/sodas and walking about two miles a day. one in the morning and one in the afternoon. That was a huge benefit for my baby too because they got to take a ride in the stroller.

I hope this encourages you some.

great advice!