my one year mark - 64lbs down with photos

Options
jamercede
jamercede Posts: 6 Member
Today marks my one year of the decision to make a change I was unhappy in all aspects of my life. I was obese and wasn't really making an effort in anything. I decided that all had to change.

I joined my fitness pal the following monday. I have done diets before and lost a few but I always put it back on. This time I told myself that I wasn't 'dieting'. I was changing my life style. And so began moving my body more. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Walk to the grocery store instead of drive. Although I'm pretty lucky. I live in San Francisco so it has been really easy to walk places and get a decent workout going there. Now I am an avid biker who bikes everywhere. Sometimes I'll walk if I have the time. And I do the occasional workout at home. I have just finished week one of Jillian Micheals ripped in 30. :)

I have had my ups and downs throughout this year but I kept telling myself it happens. It's life. I love food. I love trying new food. But I just started to look at it differently. I didn't gorge myself until I was stuffed. I started listening to my body (It tells you when to stop).

All of you have been an inspiration and motivation for me here. I hope that I can inspire one person to change. It feels fantastic!

one_year.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!