Turbo Fire/Brazil Butt Lift Hybrid

Options
Matiara
Matiara Posts: 377 Member
After 5 weeks of not working out due to a combination of illness and two weirdly acquired injuries, I'm ready to get back on track. I finished one round of Turbo Fire in January before my troubles began and yesterday, I started a TF/Brazil Butt Lift hybrid.

I love the TF cardio workouts, but the resistance workouts didn't do much for me. I never felt like I had really worked out doing Sculpt 30, Tone 30, or Core 20. I hated the bands and ended up using free weights toward the end. Also, there is way too much upper body work in Sculpt and Tone for me because my arms don't need near the work that my lower body and midsection do. Though half of the exercises were compound moves (lunging or squatting while doing the upper body work), but my lower body does not respond to lunges and squats as well as it does floor exercises like leg lifts, donkey kicks, etc.

OTOH, I really like the BBL resistance workouts and they did wonders for my lower half last year when I did the program. But while I like Cardio Axe, it is not challenging and I can live without it.

I'm following the TF calendar, but nixing the TF resistance workouts altogether and using the BBL workouts in their place. So:

TF Sculpt 30 = BBL Sculpt
TF Tone 30 = BBL High & Tight
TF Core 20= BBL Tummy Tuck

I needed a place for BBL Bum Bum and since Fire 55EZ is my least favorite of the TF cardio workouts, I'm going to alternate it with Bum Bum on the schedule. In weeks 5-7 of TF, Fire 55EZ is on the schedule twice a week, so only doing it once and then having Bum Bum in place of the second will make it far less tedious. That part of TF dragged for me the first time through because I was so sick of doing 55EZ.

This is the first hybrid that I've created on my own and it seems pretty good to me. If I stick with it and watch my eating, I should be more than ready for warm weather clothes in a few months. I am so amped to be working out again.

Replies

• Matiara
    Options
    Bump.

During my five week hiatus, I gained three pounds and I think it was all around my middle and hips because skirts that were loose on me in January are tight now and that's where all my measurements increased. Needless to say that is motivating.

I'd forgotten how hungry exercising makes me. It only took two days for my body to get back into the groove of DEMANDING food.

I haven't gotten to the "hybrid" part of my hybrid yet, as the first few days of TF are all cardio, but tomorrow, I get to do Tummy Tuck since Core 20 is on the schedule. Sad that I'm excited about that. I may pass out from giddiness when I get to do Sculpt and High & Tight.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    After 5 weeks of not working out due to a combination of illness and two weirdly acquired injuries, I'm ready to get back on track. I finished one round of Turbo Fire in January before my troubles began and yesterday, I started a TF/Brazil Butt Lift hybrid.

I love the TF cardio workouts, but the resistance workouts didn't do much for me. I never felt like I had really worked out doing Sculpt 30, Tone 30, or Core 20. I hated the bands and ended up using free weights toward the end. Also, there is way too much upper body work in Sculpt and Tone for me because my arms don't need near the work that my lower body and midsection do. Though half of the exercises were compound moves (lunging or squatting while doing the upper body work), but my lower body does not respond to lunges and squats as well as it does floor exercises like leg lifts, donkey kicks, etc.

OTOH, I really like the BBL resistance workouts and they did wonders for my lower half last year when I did the program. But while I like Cardio Axe, it is not challenging and I can live without it.

I'm following the TF calendar, but nixing the TF resistance workouts altogether and using the BBL workouts in their place. So:

TF Sculpt 30 = BBL Sculpt
    TF Tone 30 = BBL High & Tight
    TF Core 20= BBL Tummy Tuck

I needed a place for BBL Bum Bum and since Fire 55EZ is my least favorite of the TF cardio workouts, I'm going to alternate it with Bum Bum on the schedule. In weeks 5-7 of TF, Fire 55EZ is on the schedule twice a week, so only doing it once and then having Bum Bum in place of the second will make it far less tedious. That part of TF dragged for me the first time through because I was so sick of doing 55EZ.

This is the first hybrid that I've created on my own and it seems pretty good to me. If I stick with it and watch my eating, I should be more than ready for warm weather clothes in a few months. I am so amped to be working out again.

:)
  • Iheartsushi
    Iheartsushi Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    How is it working for you? I've done TF and just purchased BBL and was thinking of doing a hybrid program too.
  • Matiara
    Options
    It's going very well. Mixing it up keeps me interested. I did High & Tight on Sunday for the first time since last June and within 5 minutes, I remembered why it worked so well when I did it last year. My butt was begging for mercy.

I'm only going to weigh and measure myself every 30 days, but I can see results already and my clothes are fitting better. My thighs have regained a lot of their definition, as have my abs. The progress that I lost during my hiatus has is returning more quickly than I thought it would.

I didn't pay close attention the first time through TF, but in doing the substitutions, I've noticed that in month one, there is a resistance workout once a week, then two times per week in month two, and three times per week in month three. I can't wait to see my results as the frequency of the resistance workouts increases.
  • Matiara
    Options
    I started month 3 this past Thursday. I am not weighing or measuring myself at all because that just messes with my head. I see the changes, my clothes are fitting better, and the workouts are getting easier, so I know I'm making progress. It's just that I make note of said changes and think that I should have lost X amount of weight or X amount of inches and if it falls short, I get discouraged. So I have a few articles of clothing that I am using as a standard instead. Also, I'm now able to bend over to tie my shoes without leaving my jeans unbuttoned. :)

Though I haven't weighed myself in two months, I can see that I'm losing fat. I've gotten definition everywhere, most notably my stomach and inner thighs. When I started, I had definition in my abs that would go away by the afternoon due to the weight "gain" of eating and drinking. Now, while I still see my abs more clearly first thing in the morning, I have definition all day, which means the fat is slowly going bye bye. I can still pinch a goodly amount in that area though. I have a *lot* of fat to lose around my midsection. My body fat percentage is in the mid 20s and the bulk of it is around my middle.

In month one, there was a resistance workout once a week and then twice a week in month two. I am both looking forward to and dreading the three resistance workouts per week this month. Looking forward because I like resistance work and know it will bump up my results, but dreading the pain.

Alternating Fire 55EZ and Bum Bum was a good idea. Although, Fire 55EZ's turn came up on the schedule a couple of weeks ago and I did Turbo Jam's Cardio Party (40 minutes) instead. I don't know why I dislike Fire 55EZ so much. It's not the length of the workout. There's just something irritating about it that I can't put my finger on. Maybe it's the music.