Overtraining

Options
2»

Replies

• aj_gettingfit
    Options
    I think I might be lacking protein. I really need to look at that a lot closer. I just bought some protein powder to help with that.

Also my lfiting that I do is the Jamie Eason 12 wk program so each day is a different body part or parts. My friend did it and she lost 0 pounds but had great results. She's a lot smaller than me though when it comes to body fat so it was easier to see her muscle gain.

Doesn't sound like I'm out of the norm so I'll keep at it. Hopefully it pays off!
  • sunshine3737
    sunshine3737 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem last November. I started doing different workouts and it finally started coming off again. I think if you stick to the same thing eventually your body gets used to it. I have always done the treadmill and was doing 90 min a day on it. I started doing interval training and using the incline a lot and it has had great results.
  • msleesha
    msleesha Posts: 39
    Options
    I think I might be lacking protein. I really need to look at that a lot closer. I just bought some protein powder to help with that.

Also my lfiting that I do is the Jamie Eason 12 wk program so each day is a different body part or parts. My friend did it and she lost 0 pounds but had great results. She's a lot smaller than me though when it comes to body fat so it was easier to see her muscle gain.

Doesn't sound like I'm out of the norm so I'll keep at it. Hopefully it pays off!

I am telling you it really makes a huge difference, well at least for me it did. I have lost 20.25 of fat pounds and converted some to muscle which according to my trainer is good. When I finally started listening to him and ate more lean protein, it started falling off. I am down 20 inches and down 10% of body fat as well since beg of Nov.
  • ehte_h
    ehte_h Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, you're right I dont get enough protein so maybe that's a factor. Recently i've also been feeling really tired and have 0 energy when I get home.. Maybe I do need a rest and re-evaluate my diet. :/
  • gleechick609
    Options
    What I am wondering is if you are consuming enough calories and protein?

This.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, you're right I dont get enough protein so maybe that's a factor. Recently i've also been feeling really tired and have 0 energy when I get home.. Maybe I do need a rest and re-evaluate my diet. :/

They are possibly signs of being overtrained. Take a few days off and see how you feel.

BUT for everyone IMO over training (e.g. the Central Nervous System is fatigued and needs a rest) is pretty hard to achieve and mostly people don't train hard enough.

Bare in mind, Olympic lifters lift 5-6 hours a day, 6-7 days a week. Cyclists trains for a similar time period, so do many athletic athletes. I wouldn't personally worry about it UNTIL you can feel it and then back off a little and allow your body to repair for a few days/week and reconvene.

In he most part you get the best athletes when they are willing to go that extra mile, and push the body where it is not used to go and forcing muscular hypertrophy onto the body to it can face the demands you are throwing at it.
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options

I am telling you it really makes a huge difference, well at least for me it did. I have lost 20.25 of fat pounds and converted some to muscle which according to my trainer is good. When I finally started listening to him and ate more lean protein, it started falling off. I am down 20 inches and down 10% of body fat as well since beg of Nov.

Thanks awesome!! I hope I have those same results someday.
  • ehte_h
    ehte_h Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! I don't think. I'm getting enough protein! So definitely gonna address that. Might also start the stronglifts program too

Thanks awesome!! I hope I have those same results someday.