10 months & 154 lbs gone

Options

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Just paging through your diary, I see you did phenomenally well with water intake. You stayed under the MFP recommended numbers in most categories most days. But can you tell us if you had a work out routine also, or something else you did that resulted in such a drastic change is such a short amount of time? I mean really - ten months? That's... amazing!

You look so much happier - good for you!

For a more acurate diary look between the middle of May and end of Nov. That was the "hard core" 7 months. My exercise routine was 100% cardio. I targeted a minimum of 4 miles a day at first. All walking as fast as I possibly could. I mean it was painful to walk because I couldn't walk faster if I tried. I had shin splints the entire first month it seemed like.

I tried to walk a mile in the morning and one in the after noon. Followed that up with two after dinner. Which eventually became 30 minutes of ellipticle at night. The walking speed increased over time. Currently this is my routine, which took months to develope and get into:

Mon - Fri:
    5:30 am - 30 minutes of ellipticle for 7.5-8 km (my machine only measures in metric!)
    8 am - 15 minute 1 mile walk (4.0 mph)
    12 pm - 30 minute 2 mile walk (4.0 mph)
    2:30 pm - 15 minute 1 mile walk (4.0 mph)

Sat & Sun:
    6 am - 60 minutes ellipticle for 16 km

Rain or shine, no matter what was going on, no matter what time of day I got my exercise in. 7 days a week. I averaged 1 day a month where I rested. Which really meant only half the cardio.

I was also brutally honest with my intake. I weighed everything. I mean everything. If I coudln't accurately measure the food, I didn't eat it. If I ate 1 M&M I logged it. Vitamins, logged, 10 cherios, logged, etc....

Now all that being said there were a couple things I didn't log that saved me. GUM! 2 pieces is only 5 calories, I allowed myself as much as I wanted without logging. And my saving grace for the first 6 months... sugar free jello! An entire box is only 40 calories and you will feel VERY full if you eat it all. Plus it has trace amounts of protein!

M
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    you look like a totally different person! Amazing!
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    SO amazing! Congratulations on your success! I can't wait to post the same (I am looking for 160 lost). Thank you for the post and feel free to add me (anyone can).
  • kaotika
    kaotika Posts: 34
    Options
    Just insanely amazing. Great job!!!
  • usafcbcsgrl
    usafcbcsgrl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    that is Fantastic, what type of workouts were you doing?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Thank you all very much! It means a lot to me. I was hesitant on posting the pictures... I am proud, but also kind of embarassed, ya' know?

Again thank you all very much for the support and encouragement. My hurdle now is trying to adjust up to maintenance, I find I'm afraid of the calories a bit. Afraid of "waking up fat". It's all mental.

I've recently added resistance band(s) training randomly though-out the week. I used to lift a lot of heavy free weight (315+ bench), but I used that as an excuse for being so heavy before. The reality of it is that I ride a desk and click a mouse for a living so I really don't need the bulk. I do miss some of the strength though! ;)

Thanks again, all the support means a lot! I did a lot of lurking on the forums over the last 10 months and gathered a lot of great information that helped me on my way. So thank you all.

M
  • JohnCOConnor
    Options
    Amazing. Thank you for posting the pictures of your transformation.
  • wndnls
    wndnls Posts: 25
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    You did an amazing job. Kudos!
  • ltowns11
    ltowns11 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Looking Good!!!!
  • emfilomena
    emfilomena Posts: 120
    Options
    Absolutely blown away by your results! That's incredible and inspirational. Congrats on the weight loss :)
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    WOW! AMAZING! You look fabulous, your family must be so proud of you. I don't think I've seen a better transformation ever on MFP.

So sorry...but I just have to ask...did you eat back your exercise calories?? :embarassed: :wink: :laugh:
  • emmalecras
    emmalecras Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!!! YOu look FANTASTIC!!!
  • nursegnet
    nursegnet Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • Monanik
    Monanik Posts: 150
    Options
    Amazing job! Fantastic!
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! Congratulations, that is fantastic!

this!!!

Definitely this!!!
  • emhill21
    emhill21 Posts: 130
    Options
    I am very impressed! Your son will be so happy to have a dad that can keep up easily with him!
  • fitnezfr3ak
    Options
    Good job man, hard work paid off I see!
  • denither
    denither Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Truly commendable! A hundred and fifty four reasons to be very proud! One word of advice/caution... I went through something similar ( lost 100 lbs in 10 months exercising 1 hour/day with a trainer, 6 times/week with a very restrictive diet). However, after 3 years of keeping this up, I had to give up my training and gained back the 45 lbs just as fast as I had lost it. I truly believe that a slow weight loss with an exercise program that you know you will be able to stick to over time is the best way to go. GOOD FOR YOU! KEEP IT UP!
  • onecrazyredhead
    onecrazyredhead Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    WOW. YOU LOOK AMAZING. CONGRATULATIONS :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!