My body likes me but my face hates me!

Options
So... my skin has never been as clear as morning dew, I used to get the odd spot now and then, but this week, KABOOOOEEE!

I have, at last count, 6 complete monsters on my face. I'm not talking little pimples, I'm talking the big, red, ugly 'second head' spots. I don't understand! What the hell was my old, fatty and greasy diet giving my skin that it's missing out on now?

Any ideas? Nothing else has changed, same skincare routine, same washing powder, same shampoo etc. Someone help me!

Replies

• mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I have this too, i put it down to coffee making my skin greasy :(
  • Rosbrook1985
    Rosbrook1985 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've cut down to one cup a day already, used to drink 4/5 so surley it can't be that?
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    dairy is evil, evil, evil. quit it completely, read labels, avoid all dairy proteins: whey, lactose, casein. Quit for 1 month; betcha your skin improves.

(note: some people think eggs and mayo are dairy; they are not. Dairy items come from mammals).
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? Showering after working out?
  • 0AmyMarie0
    0AmyMarie0 Posts: 315
    Options
    Working out maybe? I've had more of an issue since I started working out again. Even though I shower right after, that sweat still sits on my skin during the workout! Otherwise changing your foods may have changed your PH and you need a new cleanser. Good luck!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I'll support the comment that said cut out dairy. I just found out a few months back that I'm allergic to dairy so I cut it out COMPLETELY from my diet and my skin is better then it's been in years. :)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    It could be your body detoxing, pushing out all the yucky chemicals.

Wash your face in the morning, then at night as soon as you can, and moisturize, drink lots of water. If you accidentally touch your face during the day out of habit, try to stop... your hands are covered in bacteria.

Good luck, I too have struggles with this. :P
  • Malrose01
    Malrose01 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would go with just sweating more/working out. Also, are you wearing make-up while working out? I PROMISE you, that will screw up your skin faster than anything else. I use zapzyt (sp?) cream at night especially on my forehead, and wash my face immediately after every workout.
  • jillyt85
    jillyt85 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I agree with the dairy comments. I had cut it out of my diet for 7 months and all my blemishes went away. As soon as I had dairy again, within about 3 days I had broken out all over my chin.
  • todoparami
    todoparami Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ever since my decision to loss weight my husband has noticed that my face is clearing up. Don't know why but the changes I have made consists of eliminating FAT, greasy foods, drinking lots of water, eating less carbohydrates, no dressing on my salad and no sugary drinks or soda. So far that is the only thing different I am doing. I still don't sleep enough and I am still on my quest to getting off my butt and working out.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I understand that when you embark on a big diet change, your body starts to kick out all the built up toxins, showing up in your skin. I am not sure how long you've been at this, but thats definitely a side effect that happened to me for a few months after starting my weight loss.
  • minnie84
    minnie84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    could be detoxing ur body mine was like this for a few weeks now slowing down got to keep thinking its all worth it in the end xx
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    A lot was covered in the answers (dairy isn't the devil, just heads up) but I did want to suggest using honey as face wash. It's really great for your skin and not actually sticky once you rinse it off (which isn't hard to do either) my best used to use pro-active and a bunch of other **** AND was on the pill, now she's just on the pill and using honey every night.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Or... it could be hormones. Exercising does cause some changes to what is going on hormonally in your body, so maybe it's that.

Personally, if dairy or coffee cause acne, my body never got the message! LOL I regularly (as in, multiple times a day) drink milk, eat yogurt, cheese and ice cream. And don't even get me started on the coffee. :-)
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    sometimes your skin can be reacting to a change in diet. It could be because you're sweating more? Drink lots of water. Wash with mild soap & tepid water. Apply benzoyl peroxide cream to the outbreaks.

Go over your food journal & see if the outbreaks are related to something you're eating. (that greasy food thing is actually a myth) I personally am a great believer in the 'buff puff' it exfoliates, opens your pores & helps prevent clogs.
    I use witch hazel for a toner- doesn't strip oil like alcohol toners. use moisturizer but sparingly & get one that's non- comedogenic.
    also, try to relax. Stress can cause acne flares
    get plenty of sleep, eat right, drink water & exercise and your skin will appreciate it in the long run - even if not today =)
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    DESITIN wonderful stuff.I know it is for diper rash "butt" a sore is a sore is a sore and this stuff dosn't care if it is on your face or your butt or any where else. anyone that has ever used it on a baby's rash knows how fast it works. over night you see a difference. just put it on at nights and leave it all night. you will want an old pillow case though.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I always had great skin and since I have been working out I have had a couple of break outs so started to do some extra scrubbing with Clear Skin and it has all cleared up.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    All the extra working out i started doing actually made my skin a tad worse. I try to just at least splash my face with water to prevent the sweat from just sitting in my pores after workouts. I also try to "dab" off the sweat rather than wipe it to avoid smearing it into the pores more.

For really intense workouts i keep a little bottle of witch hazel astringent and some cotton pads in my gym bag.
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    DAIRY!!!
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    WATER WATER WATER and a multivitamin a day.