NSV!!!

Options
alliesun53
alliesun53 Posts: 160 Member
Went shopping today and had to get a size smaller jeans then I've been wearing!!!!! WOOT!!!!

**BUT, the same size jeans that are still in my closet are still snug...thats a little weird, but I'm happy that my NEW jeans are smaller. :)

Replies

• lo89ol
    lo89ol Posts: 59
    Options
    great job!! you're doing so well!!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I hate women's jeans. Life would be easier if they were like men's, where you had the waist size and length, and it didn't change much from brand to brand. Maybe a bit more snug in the butt or thighs, but the measurements actually correlated with real measurements.

But no, women's clothes manufactures love arbitrary numbers that have no correlation whatsoever to actual measurements, and fluctuate by several sizes, depending on the brand name. Eff you, women's clothing manufacturers.

But great job on the NSV! I just got off on a tangent there with my intense dislike for clothing manufacturers, haha.
  • alliesun53
    alliesun53 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! And you're right. The jeans I got today are Gap...and the ones in my closet are American Eagle. The AE jeans are still the older (bigger?) size, and still tight. :( Women's clothing...GRRRR. lol.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV! Congrats!!!! :)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I think AE jean sizes are known for running a little small. Congrats!!
  • luvlyjanny
    luvlyjanny Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Went shopping today and had to get a size smaller jeans then I've been wearing!!!!! WOOT!!!!

**BUT, the same size jeans that are still in my closet are still snug...thats a little weird, but I'm happy that my NEW jeans are smaller. :)

i had the same thing happen to me yesterday, puzzled me a bit lol almost all my old jeans still fit fine however i can fit into a size smaller and i actually got a dress that was 2 sizes smaller than my usual :)
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! And you're right. The jeans I got today are Gap...and the ones in my closet are American Eagle. The AE jeans are still the older (bigger?) size, and still tight. :( Women's clothing...GRRRR. lol.

Nah! Just keep trying different brands till you find one that fits you in the size you want to be. ;)

I personally love Nine West jeans, because they have plenty of room for my big hips in the smaller size.

Good for you on the smaller size! That is an amazing feeling, I'm sure.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!