I ran for the first time in a year!

Options
I ran for the first time in over a year after I had horrible foot injuries from stupid skechers running shoes. I had planter facitis that took months to heal.
I finally bought some new running shoes, nike free run 2+ and ran 2 miles in 28mins. That's honestly better than I thought I would do. I've been working out since my foot injuries but I haven't actually ran.
I had some collapsing of my arches too from the shoes but these new ones really gave me the support I needed and were really light.

Replies

• good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Go slow to ease yourself into it and listen to your body.
  • katiestemp
    katiestemp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I love running, it's such a good overall workout! Love your name btw...I'm a huge Raiders fan too! :)
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Wow that's fantastic... I dont have any injuries and I can hardly run for 20 mins straight! Let alone 2 miles!
  • christinerush
    Options
    Well done! I went for a short run too the other day! First time in years, not very far, but its a start! I started walking too in shoes which hurt my right food and months later its still annoying me so have to just suck it up and put it out of my mind! Invested in new shoes too, nothing very expensive, but really need to rest my foot I think! Sucks as I love walking and have plenty of free time to do it!
  • tamamommy
    tamamommy Posts: 73
    Options
    Great job! I ran for the first time yesterday. It wasn't quite as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'm a big girl so I always thought running for me could be a one way ticket to my grave.
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!