5'7" ---- ideal weight??

Options
2»

Replies

• Csmcnevin
    Csmcnevin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great topic. At my heaviest I was 204lb, but managed to get down to 147lb (for like a day :) )

In general I hover around 154lb and am US size 6-8, but constantly wanna lose 15lbs....dunno if thats more young women syndrome of constantly trying to be smaller! In general i'm happiest when i'm fittest. I did insanity last summer, didnt lose a pound (was 155) but people said I looked like i'd lost 10lbs and I felt great in my clothes. Therefore I dunno if it has as much to do with frame size as it does body composition. At the moment i'm 159lb (after xmas) but feel alot more than 4lb up cos i haven't been training.
    Goal for the New Year is to get organised, eat clean, restart those early morning workouts. Best of luck to all ye 5'7ers!
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'7''.
    25 years old.

When I started here I had the ideal that 60 kg (130-132 lbs) where the perfect weight for me. I have been fat most of my life, so I didn't had any idea at which weight I looked better. But it seems ok.

I am somewhere at 150 lbs right now (somewhere under 69 kg... I'm with the metric system, working with convertor right now) and even if I'm on the healthy BMI range I still have quite some to lose.

I'm pretty sure that 60 kg won't be enough for what I had in mind. Probably 55 kg are an ultimate goal.
    I just don't know.

The idea is that through all this weight loss process I have realised that weight is not really that important. It's important how your body looks and how your health is. I have seen around here success stories of 5'7'' girls who looked smoking great and had the perfect body at 150 lbs (my weight now!!! and I still have so much to work on my body!!!).

It's so different how weight builds on you, your bone structure, if you are muscular/athletic or just a normal person with no fancy muscle built.

There is no ideal weight for me now. I know I have to lose weight because I still got some fat around me. But I have a perfect body in mind: slim legs and arms, get rid of the little back fat I still have left (lthought my biggest improvement is my back) and especially lose like at least 10-15 cm off my belly (belly fat goes off so hard).