HELP!!! Double chocolste brownie failure

Options
shanteel612
shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
I made some double chocolate brownies today. I was so excited while I was shopping until I went to get the instant expresso mix. I looked for at least 15 frickken minutes for instant expresso. I did not find any and finally decided to get instant mocha. The brownies are disgusting and I am trying to figure out if it is because I used mocha instead of expresso.

I hate all coffee products so maybe it would not matter if I used expresso or mocha because they both have a taste of coffee thatI do not care for . Can some people who have made these brrownies and/or know about the difference between expresso and mocha give me an opinion.

Double Chocolate Brownies Ingredients(i used) :
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 4 egg whites
1 cup stevia in the raw
1/4 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon instant mocha
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (semi-sweet) Cooking spray

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I can tell you right now that you won't need the coffee. I made brownies almost exactly like this last weekend and they were super chocolaty with only the cocoa :)
  • Commander6666
    Commander6666 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Go to Costco and buy a case of Fiber One Double chocolate brownies. Yummy and good for you. Hassle free too. LOL>
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Also, if you double the apple sauce they come out more moist :)

>>> my brownie fro last weekend lol (no chips just chocolate on top)

BP13of34.jpg
  • Tiffa0909
    Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Instant Mocha does not sound like it would taste good , I personally can't stand the flavor of instant coffees.
  • shanteel612
    Options

>>> my brownie fro last weekend lol (no chips just chocolate on top)

BP13of34.jpg
    Your brownie looks amazing. I am motivated to try again with no coffee and double apple sauce. Thanks a bunch.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Don't stress about the coffee, it is really only there for that particular flavor. Also, if you aren't a fan of coffee, I would suggest not putting it in there anyhow.
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    cookiemonstercupcakesna.jpg
  • samhelen
    samhelen Posts: 98
    Options
    I made some double chocolate brownies today. I was so excited while I was shopping until I went to get the instant expresso mix. I looked for at least 15 frickken minutes for instant expresso. I did not find any and finally decided to get instant mocha. The brownies are disgusting and I am trying to figure out if it is because I used mocha instead of expresso.

I hate all coffee products so maybe it would not matter if I used expresso or mocha because they both have a taste of coffee thatI do not care for . Can some people who have made these brrownies and/or know about the difference between expresso and mocha give me an opinion.

Double Chocolate Brownies Ingredients(i used) :
    1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract 4 egg whites
    1 cup stevia in the raw
    1/4 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/2 teaspoon instant mocha
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (semi-sweet) Cooking spray

That's an awful lot of stevia -- its like someone was replacing it 1 for 1 regular sugar... think I would have used 1/2 to 3/4 of that amount
  • shanteel612
    Options
    cookiemonstercupcakesna.jpg
    Laughing out loud seriously
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    im sorry, i think i ruined your thread. I had to post the pic, its the first thing that came to mind :embarassed:
  • shanteel612
    Options
    I made them with twice as much apple sauce and no coffee. They still were not sweet enough. They were a lot better. Maybe next time I will use less cocoa powder and more stevia in the raw (since it is not pure stevia).

Thanks for all the help