Type 1 Diabetes and Losing Weight

Options
124»

Replies

• meechster20001
    meechster20001 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have created a group http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/21949-type-1-diabetics if anyone is interested
  • Msw2004
    Msw2004 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi all
    I am a T1 as well for the last 37 years. As someone else recently mentioned, I too am gaining weight and I don't eat. There is no time to eat. Today is my first day using this app and I am hopeful. I am on the pump for the last 12 years and recently starting using the sensor. Blood sugars are better controlled and the weight just keeps coming. Drives me INSANE!!

Meeting with a diabetic educator next week to talk about diet weight loss. hoping to use that info along with MFP and this group to keep me motivated and focused. Glad to have found you all
  • Msw2004
    Msw2004 Posts: 2
    Options
    Me too!!!!!!!! Driving me CRAZY!!
  • cam8724
    cam8724 Posts: 7
    Options
    I am a Type 1 Diabetic and have been for 15 years this month. I gained about 20+ lbs a few years ago and have been working on taking that off. I am happy to say that I am down 16lbs and only want to lose 2 more. Then, I will focus on building muscle. Let me know if you want more information on what I've been doing to lose this weight, keep it off, and keep my A1C's in check.