A little over a month and 20 pounds down

Options
holpak
holpak Posts: 39 Member
I'm so happy... still a long way to go.. but i love this website and all of you.. are soo motivating.. i tell everyone i know about mfp. I'm down 2 sizes and am finding myself wanting healthy choices and not junk ones. My husband has also been doing this with me and it so encouraging and motivating he too has lost 17 pounds... i'm still beating him for now lol :laugh:

I will post pictures later!!! woohoo for me!!!:smile:

Finally my brain and my belly are in sync!

Replies

• holpak
    Options
    I'm so happy... still a long way to go.. but i love this website and all of you.. are soo motivating.. i tell everyone i know about mfp. I'm down 2 sizes and am finding myself wanting healthy choices and not junk ones. My husband has also been doing this with me and it so encouraging and motivating he too has lost 17 pounds... i'm still beating him for now lol :laugh:

I will post pictures later!!! woohoo for me!!!:smile:

Finally my brain and my belly are in sync!
  • kasch
    kasch Posts: 35
    Options
    good for you! keep it up!

my favorite quote.........."the tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. the tragedy lies in having no goal to reach"
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    wtg!!! ur a rockstar keep plugging along and go with what works for you!!!:flowerforyou:
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Awesome to both you and your husband - keep up the good work
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You must feel great! I have been on here for awhile, but am having such a hard time! Do you have any tips? Maybe a sample meal plan? :wink: Or work out strategies... We are TTC and the dr. wants me to lose between 23-40 lbs by August :grumble: But, my goal is 70, probably not by August though :laugh:
    Thanks in advance, and keep up the great work :drinker:
  • holpak
    Options
    :smile: Thank you all for your wonderful comments. dmmarie21 i have been using slim fast snack bars and shakes or meal bars. and a good meal usually 500 calories.

I have been taking in about 1200-1500 calories daily

I have been having a shake in the am.. the cappicino ones are awesome especially if you are a coffee drinker.. it's not the same but it does do the job. then i eat a snack 2 hours later either a slim fast snack or usually a fruit like a bannana and an orange.. then lunch time i eat either a shake or a meal bar.. with a salad and some broccoli carrots and celery with ranch... then another snack.. then for dinner i've had lot's of different things like turkey burgers or spaghetti with whole wheat noodles and newman's own spaghetti sauce the lowest calorie one.. with a salad. We've had omlettes for dinner.. change it up all the time.. I hope this helps a little... My main thing is that i eat something every 2 hours. I havn't had any pop candy or coffee for a little over a month.. and i used to drink coffee every day with creamer.. it was my big downfall...

For working out.. i've just been walking 30 minutes.. when the weather's nice.. i try to walk 5 days a week but it's been really rainy... I have turbo jam and the jillian michaels workout tapes they are awesome.. but i havn't yet introduced them.. but i'm getting ready to.....it's just hard sometimes when you work two jobs to find the time to balance everything out :smile:

Any how hope that helps!!! and good luck with your weight loss.. you can do it... every little pound counts!!

Holly
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! That really doesn't sound too difficult.
    It sounds like you are busy, I was reading your profile, I know when I worked 2 jobs I never had time to do anything, even eat.. haha. But, since I'm not working now :grumble: I have all the time in the world... especially to eat :explode: hah. I just joined the wii fit challenge, so, hopefully that'll get the ball rolling on excercise :glasses: Good luck with the rest of your journey :drinker:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Good job, keep up the hard work. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't come off as fast the next few months. I lost 20 in the first month then it took me a couple months to take off the next 20. Just keep with it and it will all come off.:flowerforyou:
  • holpak
    Options
    Thanks for the extra encouragement!!! Every pound to me is a victory no matter how long it takes.. I'm thrilled and will take whatever i can get!:wink: As long as i have mfp and all of you.. i see success in my future!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go, keep up the great work. :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!! Nothing like seeing results like that!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!