Can anyone recommend some good exercise dvd's???

Options
I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for exercise dvds? I can't do anything that is too hard on the knees as my knees are not in great shape. I do have the Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds(I have two of them). But i was wondering if there are any other good ones that are going to be effective but not too hard on the knees.
Thanks for your help! -Kristie

Replies

• PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser: Last Chance Workout.

There's a low-knee impact variation for every move :)
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam has low impact modifications on it. Chalene is very protective of joints when she talks about form. I love ChaLEAN extreme too.

Can you do yoga? There are tons of good yoga DVDs.

My knees are in pretty good shape, so I don't know what you can and cannot do. You could always check out some DVDs from your local library and see which ones you like.
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    The Windsor Pilates DVDs are good. They target specific body areas and are only roughly 20 mins a piece.
  • KristieLynn007
    Options
    Thank you!!! :)
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for exercise dvds? I can't do anything that is too hard on the knees as my knees are not in great shape. I do have the Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds(I have two of them). But i was wondering if there are any other good ones that are going to be effective but not too hard on the knees.
    Thanks for your help! -Kristie

biggest loser cardio max dvd
  • fitnesssurvivorqueen
    Options
    Hello Kristie,

Gilad has a variety of fitness dvd's that are very low impact. I enjoy his dvds because his workouts are not too difficult and he has someone on the video with modifications. There is a absolutely wonderful yoga dvd that I enjoy: Healing Yoga: For Aches and Pains by Lisa Matkin,and Charles Matkin . And, Easy Yoga For Easing Pain by Peggy Cappy. I too am searching for alternatives because of my sensitive knee. I was not a big fan of the possibilities introducing yoga, but found that these are basic without crossing over into a weird spiritual avenue.

I felt a big difference after doing the Healing Yoga For Aches and Pains the first time.

Good luck.
  • Malrose01
    Malrose01 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I second anything from the biggest loser- they are really mindful of injury, etc, but are also pretty challenging. Definitely worth it.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Anything by jillian michaels, my knees suck and i just modify the movements that involve the knees!
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Any of the "10 minute solution" DVD series are excellent...