Oatmeal, Steel Cut Oats- What do you suggest?

Options
13»

Replies

• mamaparks87
    mamaparks87 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I put mine in the crockpot overnight with a mashed banana, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and half water half milk. I cook them on the keep warm setting and they are good to go the next morning. I eat mine with 2tbsp of peanut butter too- it is amazing!!
  • kkoshiro
    kkoshiro Posts: 69
    Options
    I love the idea of eating oatmeal or oats in the morning. I know the health benefits are great, and it is very filling. However, I just cannot bring myself to like oatmeal. I don't know if it is a consistency thing or what. It smells good to me, but when I go to eat it.... something changes :tongue: Right now, the only version I've been able to tolerate is Kashi vanilla oatmeal with raspberries stirred in (tolerate, not enjoy).

I'm hoping people would be willing to share versions that they really enjoy, especially if they had a similar problem finding something they liked. Any and all suggestions are appreciated :smile:

I soak 1/4 cup each night in 1/2 cup water. In the morning I add 1 cup soy milk, bring it to a boil then lower it to simmer for a few minutes. I let it sit on off for a while to set up. I add 1T br sugar, 2 T Flaxseed, 1T slivered almonds and 1 banana. YUMMO!!