Digestion question *Not for the sensitive*

Options
wave143j
wave143j Posts: 74 Member
So I have been eating a lot of raw spinach since November. It is by far my favorite lunch. I eat a spinach salad with mushrooms, carrots, and sometimes a little cheese at least 4 times a week. I also eat quite a bit of yogurt. This week it is not treating me well. The nicest way to put this is that the spinach comes out pretty close to the same way it went in. Today I feel bloated and heavy as well. I haven't had this problem before. Can anyone tell me if they've experienced this or if I can counteract it somehow? Maybe this is my body's way of saying enough with the spinach already. :sick:

Replies

• angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Anything in excess would be bad, but spinach doesn't usually cause that type of reaction. Too much spinach is known to cause kidney stones. The stomach flu is going around though. Which is a possibility.
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    because you have been eating so much of it your body may have become sensitive to it. It also sounds like you aren't chewing your food well enough. I love spinach too but I have learned that I have to switch it up. You also may be feeling bloated because of too much fiber. Have you been keeping track of your fiber intake?
  • wave143j
    wave143j Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks to both of you. Kleigh I had to go back and look but I think you may have pegged it with the excess fiber. I will lay off and see how I feel.
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    this used to happen to me, a lot. i upped my protein and used chewable fiber wafers to keep things a-movin' and haven't had troubles since. chia and flax seeds soaked in hot water are also great fiber sources and have omegas.
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    Thanks to both of you. Kleigh I had to go back and look but I think you may have pegged it with the excess fiber. I will lay off and see how I feel.

shoot me an email and let me know how you're feeling. take care!